Da Vinci - Next Friday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Da Vinci - Next Friday Da Vinci - Next Friday

Unread 01-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Da Vinci - Next Friday

I have such a better understanding of what I am about to embark on and a lot of my anxiety has been removed.

Just tyring to figure out a real time line on getting bacck to work after the surgery. Everyone is telling me that I am not being realistic (but I work with ONLY men so what the heck do they all know).

Any thoughts about getting back to work would be greatly appreciated.

I seem to be on a fast track for all this as it has only been a week since my doctor/surgeon exam and now I will be heading to my pre-op appointment a week for today.

This is a great site and I have enjoyed reading everyones experiences and learning directly from the sources!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Re: Da Vinci - Next Friday

I had a da Vinci and went back to work in 2 weeks. A lot of people on here thought it was too soon but the only issue I had was getting tired around 4pm. I have a desk job so it wasn't bad at all.
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:10 PM

I am having mine on tue, my pre op is 2marow. DaVinci. The doctor told me I would be back in a week to two weeks. It depends on your job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2012, 06:20 PM

Thank you ladies I appreciate the response. I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 days out then I will be back to be able to work. I run the office so I figured no biggie.

Guess that is showing my ignorance. Perhaps I will spend the rest of this week and next finding someone to step in for me for awhile

Everything has happened so fast I have not really talked to my doctor about post-op. Still not even sure it is will be a total or partial hyster yet...depends on the test results to see if I carry the "bad" gene.

I think I am quickly becoming a bit overwhelmed.

Again Thank you, thank you, thank you
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:32 PM

Good luck! I am having the DaVinci as well. My doctor told me a couple of weeks. You only have 1 chance to heal right!
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:32 PM

I went back to work part time at a desk job after a week. Got tired real easy but was able to leave work when ever I needed to. I think I took it easy for another week and then went back into full time very slowly.
Getting tired is the worse part of the whole thing.
Good Luck
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:37 PM

My Dr. authorized me to be off for 4 weeks, I had plenty of leave and disability pay. I was very tired for the first few weeks...so it really helped to be off work, don't push yourself.
Unread 01-18-2012, 12:56 AM

Remember, even if you have a desk job SITTING does not feel as good as lying down. Being "horizontal" takes the pressure off everything!

Give yourself plenty of time for recovery as the stamina is just not there. Working half days or something would be good at first. You will need some nap time and time off your feet!
Unread 01-18-2012, 01:34 AM

I am 5 days post surgery I too had the davinci. I feel good, but I'm tired a lot I can't imagine going to work right now. Pain is ok not as bad as the first few days but its still there.
Didn't your Doctors put you on no driving for 2 weeks?

Best of luck to you all!! See you on the other side!!
Unread 01-18-2012, 03:17 PM

The only thing my doctor said was no driving while on pain meds and no sex - that is it.

Guess I will have to readjust my thinking.

Thanks for all the advice. really apprecaite it all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register