6 week appointment was it just a "FEEL" or a "LOOK" check up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 week appointment was it just a "FEEL" or a "LOOK" check up 6 week appointment was it just a "FEEL" or a "LOOK" check up

Unread 01-18-2012, 08:58 AM
6 week appointment was it just a "FEEL" or a "LOOK" check up

Hi all,
Its been a great help to be on hyster sisters i felt a part of me in almost every post i read
so i was well prepared what to expect pre and post surgery,i thank all who have expressed their concerns and got answers from fellow sisters as all my major concerns had their answers here at this site.
I had my 6 week appointment on Monday though my doc checked me internally (only with her fingers in) and cleared that its all fine.She is my gync and also my surgeon .She later relaxed her restrictions and asked me to do all my regular activities with a little caution.

Is this enough i still have doubts about my internal cuff Stiches
if they have dissolved or is there a granulation issue?

What has been your experience was it just a feel or your gync checked you with a look inside ie with the light and speculum.....

How many of had The FEEL exam Or the LOOK exam....

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Re: 6 week appointment was it just a "FEEL" or a "LOOK" check up

My actually looked inside with the light and speculum. It was a good thing he did because my cuff wasn't completely healed and he had to do a silver nitrate treatment.

If you are wondering about granulation, here is an article that may be able to shed more light on the subject:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_157308.htm

Hopefully the exam that you received was enough to tell whether you are healing correctly. Every doctor is different, so unfortunately, almost nothing is done the same for everyone!

to you.

Unread 01-18-2012, 10:26 AM

Mine was fill blown check everything! Full blood panels,hormone test, internal ultra sound(thought i was goin to die! I literally laid there sweating from the pain) plus a spuculum check and full pelvic exam!!! It was terrible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2012, 10:41 AM

Thanks. I have my 6weeks tomorrow.

I got an infection by the 3 wk. now the smelly discharge is back. I hope my gut feeling is wrong, but ...

I've been afraid to exercise as i still get really tired walking in the mall.
Also, I'm a flight attendant, I'm concerned that my luggage alone is more than 50 lbs. not to mention that the general traveling public expects that the attendant is there to lift and stow luggage. - I have no idea what is behind that zipper. Books, computers, grandmas china? It ain't just underware !

Hearing about the vaginal cuff and such is a bit scary.

Planes are pressurized and I'm on my feet for at least 10 hours a hay flying.
Any thoughts anyone!
Unread 01-18-2012, 11:51 AM

Hi Skyduchess,
The wide variety of 'CONTENTS' in those zippers set me in peels........
I do remember the looks in the eyes of the car driver who await we princesses cross the road at our own pace....u sure are in a spot light dear ....may lord let only underwares in the baggages u need to help with.All the best dear.
Cheers
Unread 01-18-2012, 01:41 PM

Thanks Avani, LOL

Im ready to get back to a new normal. Relaxed restrictions. I am so glad you brought up the cuff issues. I will be more prepared tomorrow.

This site is the best.
Unread 01-18-2012, 06:27 PM

My 2 week post op I had the full on pelvic and speculum and light - was taken aback but my surgeon has been my OB/GYN for 22 years so I figured he knew what he was doing! No pain or discomfort - was surprised I had any feeling but I did.
Unread 01-18-2012, 06:48 PM

I don't have a 6 week checkup. Had a visit with dr 2 weeks post op, had a follow up due to pain 2 weeks later still just a visit. Haven't had an external or internal of any sort and I don't have anymore checkups scheduled. Going to see my pcp in 4 more weeks for other issues and honestly thinking of asking for an internal just because I feel as though anything could be going on and I would never know.
Unread 01-19-2012, 04:36 PM

My doctor was running seriously behind that day, and while she was friendly and positive, I didn't feel like I got much information. I asked about how physically active I should be... she mentioned wait 2 more weeks before sex, but didn't have any answer when I asked how soon I could sign up for a yoga or tai chi class (I am very out of shape and want to slowly develop a good exercise program.)

She did a very quick 'poke' with no speculum and said my stitches were still there and that the light brown discharge I've been having will be continuing for awhile.

She suggested that if I feel vaginal irritation I should use Monostat 1, but didn't explain it was for yeast infections so I don't know if she suspects one or whether it is useful for irritation in general - it seems like an expensive treatment unless there is yeast, right?

Oh, speaking of which. I hesitated to start a new thread, but I've noticed a rancid smell when I am in the bathroom. Yuck. I actually accused DH of being sloppy but after we scoured the whole room, I realized it is coming from ME, from "in there". So, is it an infection? Or normal?

I love my doctor but I am thinking we are missing communication here.
Unread 01-19-2012, 08:02 PM

Thank you Tracy for the article link.....i now feel a bit more at peace as i didn't have any bleeding after my surgery and spotting stopped by the second day and no streak or spotting since then i did have a not so comfortable odor but since day 12 i am totally free of any odors...my doc informed me that i might bleed or spot the first two times i resume my married life but thats not be alarmed of.
I do trust my doc she has a very high success rate with her surgeries.Thank you once again.
Cheers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register