Scheduled TLH Surgery canceled-sad princess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery canceled-sad princess Surgery canceled-sad princess

Unread 01-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Surgery canceled-sad princess

There I was at 12:30 in the pre-op room, with my gown on and the IV dripping, my friend and sister with me for hilarious distraction when the nurse came in. "We have to roll your time back to 2:00". Okay. 2:00 rolls around, "I think you won't be going until 4:00". Which, I kinda knew then, that I would be sent home. A quarter to 3 when she came in with a very sad face. I knew it was over. The woman in the OR ahead of me was taking a particularly long time. My doc was still in there with her at 3:00 when I left. I knew it was too good to be true when I set out for the castle this morning. Doc called me tonight to say how sorry she was. I understand. They can't start any new surgeries after 3:00. And I don't particularly want a tired and hungry Doc operating on me. If I have to endure another period, I may go postal! Doc is hoping to get me in on January 27th but she can't talk to the hospital personnel til tomarrow. Hope I know soon! Meanwhile, I'm back to being a lady in waiting. *sigh* Thanks for listening ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Re: Surgery canceled-sad princess

Oh, how disappointing! After getting yourself mentally psyched and ready for the surgery, only to have been sent home. But, you are looking at it the right way. You definitely don't want an overly tired or otherwise distracted surgeon. I hope you do get on the schedule on the 27th and you don't have to wait any longer than that. I'm scheduled for February 7th and I'm very anxious to get mine over with.
Unread 01-18-2012, 11:08 PM

Hi CKent! I am so sorry about what you went through. My situation a little different, monday i went in for the ablation, but after trying 3 times it would not work. My uterus is way to large! I know how I felt then, extremely disappointed. She booked my hysterectomy for the end of March, so I am getting in really quick, and I am on the cancellation list. Are you in the states? How long had you already been waiting?? again, i am so sorry!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2012, 11:59 PM

Yes. I'm in Chicago. I've been "wanting" a hysterectomy for 2 years, but since I am uninsured I sucked it up and kept trying different , less expensive treatments. Those didn't work. i was scheduled about a month ago so it wasn't too long of wait. just really disappointed bexcause this is my slow time at my work and I can miss 4 weeks w/out worrying. But missing this week is gonna put me behind on my bills. Just hoping I can get the surgery before I cycle again so I don't have to buy any more pads! UGH!
Unread 01-19-2012, 12:00 AM

Thanks Cupcake and NinjaQueen!
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:49 AM

I am truly sorry! I thought Canadian medical was bad but after reading various threads, I am very grateful! I am allowed medical employment insurance from my work up to 14 weeks, then disability( through work not government) for as long as I am approved. I understand getting a little behind , my Dr recommends me staying home until after I recover from another surgery 8 weeks away! So that is another 14 weeks off work! Our waiting lists are getting much much ether here in anydepartment of medicine, thank God! Keep in touch! Thinking of you
Unread 01-19-2012, 03:02 AM

frustrating and disappointing!! Mine has been push back twice (I live in Belgium), but not at the point where I was prepped and ready! argh! Hang in there - hope you get a new date, soon!
Unread 01-19-2012, 04:21 AM

Hello Im sorry your op has been canceled I hope you get 27th January... I was booked in for my op on 6th January but it was canceled due to no anethetist I was so sad I had got things sorted in my home , in my mind and even though I was still worried I was ready... Im now having my op tomorrow I am once again ready but this time my stomach is doing flips with worry about the op and hoping they will not cancel again...

good luck xxx

hugs
Amanda
Unread 01-19-2012, 06:40 AM

So sorry to hear that. Same happened to me... gown, IV - ready to roll!! My new date came and all is well now! It was a very long 9 days though !
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:05 AM

Oh no! So sorry that happened to you. Hopefully they can get you in the 27th. Hang in there. Hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register