Scheduled dVH/RALH daVinci scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

daVinci scheduled daVinci scheduled

Unread 01-18-2012, 10:49 PM
daVinci scheduled

Well, I found out today my surgery date is Feb. 7th. I am really nervous about it, but at the same time I just want it to be over with so I can stop bleeding constantly and feeling so awful. I do okay keeping busy and trying to do as much preparation as possible. I've got two freezer meals done so far, and I got some new pajama bottoms the other day. I know I will feel so much better, maybe even human again after I recover, but I am just fretting over the whole surgery and recovery. I've had laparoscopies galore for Endometriosis, so I'm no stranger to surgery, but it still gets me really wound up. I was just sitting here thinking about it and I was fine until I thought about waking up in recovery and not being able to see. I have terrible eyesight, and of course I won't have my contacts in, and my husband will have my glasses. Waking up in recovery and not being able to see what's going on around me is always terrifying. Just thinking about it now, I start feeling extremely anxious. Then, I just keep wondering how long I will be in pain and discomfort. I've heard so many different reports - from a couple of days to a week or more. I know I'm over-thinking it, but I can't help it. I wish it was just over and done with! Thanks for listening, ladies. Knowing we are all in this together is definitely comforting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Re: daVinci scheduled for Feb. 7th

Hi, is anybody out there? I'm really getting nervous about my surgery and I can't seem to keep my brain from swirling!!
Unread 01-19-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake68 View Post
Hi, is anybody out there? I'm really getting nervous about my surgery and I can't seem to keep my brain from swirling!!
Hey Cupcake68
Please do not worry, I worked my self and my Husband into a nervous wreck before my surgery and it was all for nothing, it was a piece of cake I kid you not I had virtually NO PAIN, I never filled my priescriptions for pain meds only took Ibuprofen the worst part was the gas pains after so make sure you have Peppermint tea and Gas X on hand also I found Coconut water helped greatly and GET A HEATING PAD !!! this is a must have it really helps to sleep with it on your stomach, trust me just keep coming to this site myself and all the other sisters are here for you.

Blessings and Hugs to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 09:15 PM

Hi, Jackie. Thank you so much for your response. I'm trying so hard not to get worked up, but it's hard - as you know! Luckily, my husband is very positive and laid back and doing his best to keep me even-keeled. On one hand, I'm glad my sugery date is coming up so soon, and on the other hand, I am dreading it. I know I will be SOOO much better off afterward, but it's getting there that's stressing me out. Ugh.

I am so happy to hear your report of no pain. I am hoping for the best with pain because most pain meds make me nauseous, so I really don't want to have to take any if I can avoid it. I read a couple of other posts on here that recommended the GasX and also a stool softener, so I am going to pick them up this weekend and have them ready for when I get home. I hadn't heard of Peppermint tea for gas, so thanks for that tip! I have a heating pad, so at least that's one thing I can check off my list!

I will be on here every day until the BIG day reading posts and gathering strength.

Thank you again; it's nice to hear from someone who's on the other side of the surgery!
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Re: daVinci scheduled

Hi Cupcake! I can't give you any reassurance, since my surgery is in 4 days, but just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone. I'm stressed as all get out, too. Couldn't sleep last night/this am my head just swirling over all the things I need to do before Tuesday, and wondering what state I will be in after that. I'm wondering if the anticipation is worse than the actual event!
Unread 01-20-2012, 04:59 PM

Hi, Doodle! Thanks for writing. Best of luck to you with your surgery; I wish mine was in 4 days! I think maybe you are right and the build up and worry is worse than the reality of the surgery. Let's hope! I will definitely be thinking of you on Tuesday and just think - when I go in for mine, which is two weeks after yours, you will already be feeling great!! I look forward to hearing back from you when you are able to post after your surgery. Hugs and best wishes! This forum is really great, isn't it?
Unread 01-20-2012, 05:48 PM

theres no need to worry. i had da vinci surgery 3 days ago. i have a low t tolerance for pain. there really isn't much pain just cramps, if you follow doctors orders. i had cramps and its hard to get in & out of bed. small band-aids on stomach. good luck and go in with a positive attitude.
Unread 01-22-2012, 05:04 PM

I'm really glad to hear that you are doing so well after your da vinci surgery! That's very encouraging. Did you have everything removed? They will be removing uterus, ovaries and cervix during my surgery. Also, I have severe endometriosis and some fibroids, so my surgeon will get out all of the endo that she can and remove the fribrois as well. I can only hope I respond as well as you did to the surgery. I can deal with cramps, but the pain from surgery scares the heck out of me! Thanks for posting your experience!
Unread 01-22-2012, 06:08 PM

Hello Cupcake and all the other sisters that are getting ready to have this surgery, I had everything removed and trust me there is no real pain to speak of - the gas pains were the worst once you get past that it is a piece of cake. I worried for nothing, please try not to work yourself up it really is not bad - be positive and it will all go well.

Good luck Sisters !!! Blessings and Hugs to you all.
Unread 01-22-2012, 06:16 PM

Hi Cupcake! My da Vinci surgery is scheduled for February 17th. I am also scared to death! Not sleeping very well. I really wish it was sooner but I guess I need some time to prepare. Good luck! I know you will do great!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register