Scheduled dVH/RALH daVinci scheduled - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

daVinci scheduled daVinci scheduled

Unread 01-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Re: daVinci scheduled

LADIES !!! LADIES !!! sleep get lots of rest and try not to worry, it is very important to get your rest before this surgery because one of the things that you will have to deal with will be insomnia, for some reason lack of sleep becomes a real issue after this surgery maybe our body is in shock from the surgery but it is really hard to sleep so rest ahead of time, I am almost 12 weeks post - op and I still have trouble sleeping sometimes. I know this is easier said than done but STOP WORRYING and get some rest and Pamper the "princess"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2012, 09:39 PM

"Not sleeping very well"--I hear that, sister! I was up cleaning my bathroom at 2:00 am last night!
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:33 PM

Cupcake, have you had your pre-op at the hospital? I suggest you discuss your anxiety about waking up in recovery and not being able to see well - and your pain concerns - with the pre-op nurse, then again with the nurse who helps you get ready for surgery on the morning of your surgery. They may be able to take some extra steps to help you if they're aware of your concerns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2012, 12:39 AM

I had daVinci surgery on the 13th and have had very little real pain, more like to many sit ups.
My doctor has me taking Ibuprofen as needed and a stool softener twice a day to keeps thing smooth and easy.

This surgery and recovery has been so much easier than I anticipated. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to all!
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:20 AM

Thanks for posting that kitty5 more sisters that have had a good experience need to put it out there for our sisters facing this surgery. Trust us you can do this, I have much respect for the medical professionals that take care of us - they make it easy
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:38 AM

Hi Cupcake! I also have very bad vision. I am legally blind without my glasses. I hate the thought of not knowing what is happening around me without my glasses on.
My last surgery (davinci) I told the nurse I needed my glasses and she made a big note on my file and they let me keep my glasses. When I woke up they were back on my face :-) You might want to ask them. All they can say is no. Good luck. You will be fine!
Pam
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:20 AM

Hey all... I just got this site info from a friend of mine and joined this am...
My surgery isn't until March 12th.... I was in stage 2 of a prolapsed uterus when I went in for my OBGYN appt. and didn't even know I was... had Dr. check since uterine prolapses run in my family! I had just started running and loving it in the Spring of 2011... so I kept running. Went in in Dec. due to WEIRD feeling during sex... felt like things were NOT were they SHOULD be...also starting feeling CRAMPS and CONSTANT PRESSURE all around my lower mid section. Went in to see my OBGYN and he was shocked that since the summer, it had gone to stage 3 prolapse. Since the DiVinci (sp?) is so popular, his earlist appt. for surgery was in March... I asked what do I do if it starts to come out of my body??? He said "just push it back in" ....???? YIKES!! Not as awful as it sounded I found out later.... had to push it back in a few times. I am not nervous about surgery, but I was planning on only taking a week off of my in home daycare business.... Then I heard from a friend, that her sister just had this done and is 3 weeks post op and is having an awful time!! So, now I worry about AFTER??? Anyone have an easy time and went back to work after a week?
I had gallbladder surgery with just the little incisions in my abdomen and went back to work after 3 days.... just restricted in lifting and I did take it easy....
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyNanny View Post
I am not nervous about surgery, but I was planning on only taking a week off of my in home daycare business.... Then I heard from a friend, that her sister just had this done and is 3 weeks post op and is having an awful time!! So, now I worry about AFTER??? Anyone have an easy time and went back to work after a week?
I had gallbladder surgery with just the little incisions in my abdomen and went back to work after 3 days.... just restricted in lifting and I did take it easy....
Nanny - I had my DvH on July 6 and I went back to work on July 14. I also have a home daycare.

I wasn't allowed to lift anything over 5 pounds for 6 weeks, so my mom worked with me every day and did all of the lifting and the diaper changes.

I made sure to lay down on the couch during nap time and that helped A LOT!

Cupcake - I had everything removed during my DvH and I agree with the other posters - the pain is very minimal - like strained muscles, not really pain. I think the "too many situps" comment is accurate. The gas pains were really the worst pains!
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:21 PM

[quote=auntsunflower;3669234]Nanny - I had my DvH on July 6 and I went back to work on July 14. I also have a home daycare.

I wasn't allowed to lift anything over 5 pounds for 6 weeks, so my mom worked with me every day and did all of the lifting and the diaper changes.

I made sure to lay down on the couch during nap time and that helped A LOT!

Thanks for that news!!! That is encouraging! The youngest one I care for will be 10 months after my surgery. He is so close to crawling now, and sits up great, so I have already started feeding him sitting across from him on the floor, since I won't be able to lift him into a high chair. My husband has a some what flexible schedule, so maybe I can just take a week off, or week and a half and have hubby help out with my little ones.

Glad it went so well for you and that your mom was able to help you with your daycare.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register