Scheduled LAVH It's me again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's me again It's me again

Unread 01-19-2012, 03:09 PM
It's me again

Hello everyone, I finally found out my date for my lavh.It is set for February 3rd,I just want it to be over with but I am also worried about how I will feel afterwards.Does anyone know what to expect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Re: It's me again

I had a lavh back in July. I can share my experience but its important to remember everyone heals differently. I was in and out the same day. The first two days I required pain meds. After that motrin was enough. The gas pains were the worst part for me. I was tired for the first 2 weeks. Took several naps and followed all dr. Instructions. No lifting bending, pushing or pulling until my 6 wk appt when I was given the all clear. Oh and I was back to work after week 3. Make sure you have someone to help you out the first week at least.

Good luck
Tracy
Unread 01-19-2012, 06:08 PM

As stated above, everyone heals differently. I had a DvH which was supposed to be quick healing. Well over two years later and still healing. My first healing seemed to be a tad slow but then I went back to work. I totally overdid it and ended up in the hospital. So now I continue to have problems. Everyone heals differently. It can be fantastic and I really don't want to scare you but just be aware you could have a slower healing. And my doc would say I really did follow all instruxtions. But for me, I couldn't tolerate what he thought I could.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 11:20 PM

Ditto to what Tracy said. Couldn't say it better.
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:07 AM

I am 15 days post-op and will agree the gas pain and having to have a BM was the worst part. As for pain, mostly I just get uncomfortable. The pain I do feel feels a lot like cramps, so it's pain I'm used to. Just make sure you stay on top of your pain meds when you first come home.
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:06 PM

I had lavh almost two weeks ago. I had pain only after waking up from anesthesy, and that night the pain was gone. The pain wasn't horrible, but I felt awful for other reasons: the catheter (for urine) was disturbing, the knowledge I would have to lay down till the next day (standard procedure, here) and, the worst, I had a reaction to the anest. and had to vomit twice. I was afraid the "effort" would make my incisions burst open...

I didn't feel tired and I was afraid to do too much, since I feel great.

I have a minor complication with a navel incision that is open (it wasn't supposed to be), but even that isn't really painful.

I had no gas pain (the gas of laparosc.).

Good luck!!!!
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:09 PM

I was so worried going into my LAVH. I think the uncertainty is what drives our anxiety. I cried out of nowhere quite a bit before my surgery.

My experience was a good one. I have a fantastic Dr and the hospital I was at was ultra caring and kept on top of my pain at all times.

I have a very wonderful and supportive husband, kids and extended family who went out of their way to help me in any way I needed.

I'm 4 weeks today from my surgery and my recovery has been a non event but that is not true for every one.

I remember thinking, "Wow this was alot less scary than I thought it would be" afterward.

Hang in there, the nervousness is perfectly normal!
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:27 PM

Congrats on getting your date set!

I'm almost a year out and feel soooooo much better than I have in the last 20 years! Able to do so much more physically, mentally (no worries on "where's the bathroom") and emotionally stable (no more "why me?").

I'd do it again in a minute! No regrets!
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:56 PM

Thank you so much guys, I really needed to hear this.Not knowing is the worse but now I have an idea.thanks for the support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register