Horrible pain 6 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Horrible pain 6 weeks post-op Horrible pain 6 weeks post-op

Unread 01-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Horrible pain 6 weeks post-op

I had my LAVH on 12/8. It was due to abnormal bleeding and fibroids. I started to heal well and felt a bit better by week 3. Week 5 went to dr. due to Uti. 6wk internal checkup went well Gyno stated looking good just had yeast infection. Now I am dealing with pain, pressure, and cramping. Its been so bad I cannot sleep. Taking vicodin for pain only when I have too.
It was lower abdominal now it seems to be lower and upper. I know some say it takes a while for internal healing but I truly feel something is wrong inside. I feel so alone. When I went to my internal checkup my Gyno stated its too far out from surgery to have an infection. I just want this pain to go away so I can have my life back again. This is worse than it was before surgery. Has anyone went through this? Please any suggestions would be helpful.
P.s. I have been using my heating pad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Re: Horrible pain 6 weeks post-op

Honey you are not alone. I am 6 months post op and in so much pain I can't sleep. I have my heating pad on every night and I'm still taking Percocet. I have no life whatsoever. I'm in so much more pain than before surgery and am beginning to feel like I've literally ruined my life.
Unread 01-21-2012, 11:54 PM

Have you been back to see your doctor? What did they say the pain is from? I have heard from so many before my surgery say that having a hysterectomy was the best thing they ever did. I'm not so sure I agree. When I had pain in week 3 or 4 I could lay down and find some relief. Now no matter what I do there is no relief.
Praying that your pain goes away also.
Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2012, 08:50 AM

Yes I have been back to the doctor over and over. I used to feel pretty good when I woke up but now I wake up in pain. It never goes away.

Most women do feel very glad to have the surgery. We are the minority who have ongoing issues. Please go back to your doc to see if there's anything they can do for you. I really hope you find relief soon and it doesn't go on as long for you as it is for me.
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:09 AM

I am in sixth week and having pains - like a sideache or pulled muscle on my left side, shooting/stabbing localized pain, low back pain, itching under my scar. And swelly belly almost all the time, and stomach is rock hard. I worry about adhesions. I go to doctor wednesday, but how can the doctor tell me everything is okay without going in?! I know she will do a vaginal exam, but that only tells the doc whether vaginal cuff is healed.

And what's just as bad is everyone thinks I should be back to normal by now. Well, I thought I would be a lot better by now too!
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:38 AM

If you feel something is wrong, trust your instincts and go see your primary doctor. Short shooting pains are part of healing but long standing pain like you are describing doesn't sound normal especially when you were doing better before and this started a couple of weeks ago. There have been other ladies who find out that they have infections many weeks post-op so your doctor is not necessarily correct. Please keep us up to date on how you are doing.
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:48 AM

Please go see a Dr. again. I'm having non-constant lower left pain that doesn't feel right, and my dr said he is hoping a disolving clot or he is going back in-but I am 5 weeks, you are much farther, so your's wouldn't be a clot I'd think.

Please insist on help to feel better. So sorry you are in pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register