Estrogel - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Re: Estrogel

The estrogel seems to be helping with my moods for about half of the day. I still am having the most horrible hot flashes all night long. I have only been on it for 5 days now. How long did it take for your hot flashes to calm done? I just want sleep again. I go back to my dr in a week and a half, I think I may need a higher dose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2012, 08:29 AM

well I read on the estrogel website that it takes about 4 weeks to raise your blood level. That said, one pump didn't raise it much even after 4 weeks. It was either a serum level of 30 or 50. You can check. I need the equiv. of about 4 pumps spread throughout the day. 3 during the day and one during the night. It doesn't last as long as they say it does. By 6 hours I'm starting to notice the drop. Also you are early post op I am about 8 yrs post op, a big difference. Remember I use two methods which works for me: patches plus supplement. But I need ALOT of e to feel normal. Maybe he or she will up you to two pumps a day if you ask. then you could dose in the am and pm. I use the UK estrogel that comes in a tube and with a ruler. One whole ruler (Equiv. to two USA pumps) only gives about 1.5 mgs. The standard dosing of estrogel over in the UK is 2-4 pumps a day. Starting at 2. We are more conservative over here.
Unread 01-27-2012, 01:07 PM

[quote=amar;3672247]I need the equiv. of about 4 pumps spread throughout the day. QUOTE]

You use 3-4 pumps in addition to 2 .1 Climara patches?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2012, 01:34 PM

no sorry its about 2 1/2 -sometimes 3. I know its alot but its what I need right now. Had the flu for a week, severely dehydrated, then suffered a rib injury. I do plan to cut down slowly. but I do spread it out, 7 am 3 pm and before bed (11 pm). But I still need to take a little less. my estrogen was very high naturally before the hyst.
how much do u take with each applic.?
Unread 01-27-2012, 01:37 PM

I meant to say like Pretty Anxious does with the estrogel-- I spread the dose out Didn't mean to refer to you.
Unread 01-27-2012, 01:38 PM

4 was too high its closer to 2 1/2 sometimes 3. I do use the estrogel tube & ruler and not the pump . Like a rough equiv.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register