Scheduled TAH TAH/RSO in 4 days! Very Excited! Anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH/RSO in 4 days! Very Excited! Anyone else? TAH/RSO in 4 days! Very Excited! Anyone else?

Unread 01-22-2012, 02:40 AM
TAH/RSO in 4 days! Very Excited! Anyone else?

So, my TAH/RSO is scheduled for 1/26/12 and I am EXTREMELY H-A-P-P-Y! Does anyone else feel this way??? I know it probably sounds crazy to you, but I've thought this out...
1. My grapefruit to cantaloupe sized right ovary will be gone.
2. No more periods, pads, or birth control pills.
3. No more bloat, swelling, or my huge right side. I seriously look about 4 months pregnant.
4. And the probably best of all??? Reconnet with my hubby. Sex is some serious HORRIBLE pain...
So, how can we not win?! I can't wait for this horrible organ to be out. I want to get on with my life and enjoy my kids - age 6 and 2. I miss doing things...
Let me know how you prepare for surgery and how you are doing!
Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2012, 03:30 AM
Re: TAH/RSO in 4 days! Very Excited! Anyone else?

I love your positivity! I'm feeling very much the same way! In addition to being rid of a cancerous cervix, and despite surgical menopause, I am SO ready!! No fear, no second thoughts, no worries.

My period...my LAST period...started last night and I didn't feel melancholy or anything like that! After surgery, when I feel up to it, my girlsfriends and I are having a tampon-burning party!

Wonderful, spontaneous, worry-free sex with my fabulous husband! YAY!

No more Frikkin' pap smears (i've had them religiously every three months since the age of 20 - I'm now 48...you can imagine how tiresome that is!)

Good luck this week!! Let us know how you're getting on!

--Fish
Unread 01-22-2012, 04:13 AM

You will still have a swollen belly for a long time but getting rid of all the parts is good. I had a TAH 5 months ago and yes its great with no more painful periods, ovarian pain and painful sex. That is all gone, you just have to adjust to the long healing process and my brain wants me to run around and do everything but you cant, rest as much as you can afterwards so you heal properly and then it will be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2012, 04:54 AM

I'm going on the 26th as well, just starting to look forward to it, wanted to cancel several times. Not sure of my initials to what I'm having, but I will still have my ovaries Good luck and healing to ya'll!
Unread 01-22-2012, 07:15 AM

I am scheduled on Fri. The 27 th, can't say that I am really excited. I am ready for it all to be over and get back to a normal life. Wishing all my sisters with surgeries this week a successful procedure and speedy recovery
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:11 PM

My period started the day before my birthday, and its like old Flo knows this is her last hoorah! I'm tired of feeling this way every single month. I love the idea of a tampon burning.... I got a stockpile on pads too... I'll light up the night sky for sure! LMAO let the neighbors call the law on me.... I can see the front page now.....

Woman arrested for having a pad & tampon burning party!

Bahaha! I'm just turned 29 in Friday, and this is going to be the best birthday present EVER! I'm not too worried about swelly belly... I'm already plus size (6 foot, 325lbs) and I look 4 to 5 months pregnant.... Maybe after they take that horrible thing out, I'll come out the same size.... Hehe

Good luck to everyone! I want to know how it goes. Maybe we can compare how big our infusions are.... Doctor told me I'll have a whopper! 10 to 11 inches!

C'mon Thursday! Woohoo!
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:22 PM

Melissa - I, too, was excited for my surgery and looked forward to all the positives to follow. I'm 10 weeks out and have not been disappointed. I feel great, despite the fact that surgery seems to have triggered menopause - at 47, it's certainly not early so no real worries there.

I wish you all the best and do hold on to that positive attitude - I think it makes a huge difference.
Unread 01-22-2012, 01:20 PM

Hi, I was the same when I finally got my op date, doing cartwheels down the street n almost singing with joy!! I never got worried or nervous, & skipped into the operating room! I was half way thru a period at the time & the thought that it was my last was the best thing EVER. Am now 8 weeks post op, feeling good. Yes it was awful for the first week, but then its always awful when youv had an op!! I can honestly say I havnt had one moment of regret & I already feel like a new woman. Good luck to you
Deb x
Unread 01-22-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLila View Post
Melissa - I, too, was excited for my surgery and looked forward to all the positives to follow. I'm 10 weeks out and have not been disappointed. I feel great, despite the fact that surgery seems to have triggered menopause - at 47, it's certainly not early so no real worries there.

I wish you all the best and do hold on to that positive attitude - I think it makes a huge difference.
I think so too.... This will be my third major surgery.... I'm worried about my left ovary being dead... Doctor says its very small. I don't want the hormones, but if he takes my ovary, then I'm taking them. I will not end up like my sisters.

I went into my first surgery (gall bladder) nervous. I came out fine. 2nd surgery was double tonsils. I was excited, and the nurses told me I was funny. They said it was nice to see someone happy. I can't wait to hear what they say this time. Hehe
I think the thoughts that you think either make you excited and you heal faster, or they get you in this funk and depression.... So I'm excited! It's gonna be a new life for me! Yeah, its going to hurt. But it will be the last time! God will be there with me!

Woohoo!

I'm glad you are doing good! I can't wait to say I'm 10 weeks out! My sons birthday is in June, and we are going to have a party! I'm not missing another moment with my babies! Pads, tampons, and pain have had my life for far too long!
Unread 01-22-2012, 01:59 PM

Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited too!! LAVH not keeping anything. My surgery date is Tue 24th and I CAN NOT wait, I have endo so I have been in constant unbearble pain for months now, narcs dont even help. I have three children 11, 3, 1 and I cant wait to be an active memeber of my own family again.

Best of luck to you!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register