Post Op contractions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op contractions Post Op contractions

Unread 01-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Post Op contractions

I had a total hysterectomy on 1/10/12. About a week after the surgery I started feeling "contractions" periodically. Usually after activity but sometimes for seemingly no reason. They feel like pregnancy/uterine contractions. I'm wondering what they are, how long they last, etc.
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Re: Post Op contractions

I've never been pregnant, so I can't compare my cramps/contractions to that. But, I've had what feels like a muscle contraction or cramp throughout my whole abdomen. Started around the same time. Not having as many now. Feels weird.
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:50 PM

I'm 1 week post open and I've been having contraction like muscle spasms as well. Tonight has been extremely hard, my left side is hurting and I didn't do any thing today. Walked around the house a little and that's it. I'm even feeling nauseated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2012, 12:27 AM

So glad I found you girls. I had a complete hyst on January 11th and I have been having terrible contractions/cramps/shooting type pains as well. They are the worst if I stretch my abdomen out to much accidentally or when I go pee. When I pee I have to brace myself at the end because it hurts so much. What is the deal??
Unread 01-23-2012, 12:29 AM

These cramps sometimes make me nauseous too brneyez!
Unread 01-23-2012, 12:35 AM

I'm not certain, but I do know people have bladder spasms, and as my doctor told me, just because it wasn't surgery on the bladder, it was close enough to have some effect on it. Even as a nurse, I'm not sure what you could do for it, so go ahead and call your doctor, as no pain is a good pain!
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:28 PM

The cramps at the end of peeing sounds like bladder spasms. You can get some mere from your doctor to help with that. I'm a little over 6 weeks out and still on detrol for them.
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:33 PM

I am 32 days post op - LAVH/bladder sling - I had severe bladder spasms - doc gave me something the first few days in the hospital - cramps and such are probably the terrible gas pains - very painful - gas x and Miralax are lifesavers!
Unread 01-24-2012, 01:20 PM

I went to a general walk in doctor yesterday cuz I thought for sure the pain during peeing had to be a major bladder infection. It hurts so much I have to grip the wall when I pee! But they checked my urine and apparently no infection! So it must be the bladder spasms everyone is talking about. man they suck! I really hope it improves soon....
Unread 02-18-2012, 04:53 PM

so glad I came across this thread, the first week, seriously I was fine. i walked and was only sore a little, by time the second week started I ended up in bed with the worse pain and the only way i could explain it was like I was labor again with major contrations. I wasn't sure if i wanted to vomit. I could hardly walk and yes just to go to the bathroom was hard. the doctors did a urine to make sure i don't have a infection ( still waiting for the results). I mostly been on ibuprofen. but the contractions were so bad i have to take the pain meds. hope in week 3 it gets better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register