Need to Vent.. EMOTIONAL MESS..(Children mentioned) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need to Vent.. EMOTIONAL MESS..(Children mentioned) Need to Vent.. EMOTIONAL MESS..(Children mentioned)

Unread 01-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Re: Need to Vent.. EMOTIONAL MESS..(Children mentioned)

Thank you ladies.. I just returned from my pre op and I am now scheduled for January 31st.. One week from tomorrow.. Oh God.. I am getting the Da Vinci.. I am also keeping my cervix. Doc said he will cauterize and core out my cervix though to try to prevent any mini periods..Although he said sex should not change either way, he respected my want to keep it and agreed to leave it. The only way they will take the cervix is if God forbid any of my fibroids are actually cancer.. Now begins my planning and obsessing stage the next 8 days.. Sigh....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2012, 03:58 PM

12/21/11 I had my uterus, both ovaries & cervix removed due to a 6" endomtriosis cyst attached to one of my ovaries & it had dented my bladder. Prior to surgery I wasn't sure which of my organs to have removed either. Luckily I found other people, friends, family members & Dr.'s assistant who also had everything removed & they had no complications (additional pain, sex drive etc) which helped ease my mind after my aunt told me I should keep parts for various reasons.
I went and got a 2nd opinion from another Dr. & he agreed with my surgeon, said if it's cancer or endometriosis disease I should get everything removed so I don't have to worry about it coming back again.
Few days ago, I went for my 1 month check up & all looks good. She gave me the option to go on hrt which I took to help with the night time hot flashes. I was afraid that the internal exam or pressing on my belly would hurt, & am happy to say it didn't at all. So now I'm looking forward to having intercourse in another 2 wks.
At the 1 month check up I asked if I could have outercourse & she said yes. Removing the cervix did not take away the sex drive for me & I'm happy that I was able to still have orgasms through outercourse.
Prior to surgery I had high anxiety & was extremely irritable. My nerves were shot. Since then I feel soo much better physically & mentally.
Almost forgot, my kids are 18 & 11. My husband & the kids pitch in to help with chores I can't do. After a couple days I did do some light cooking & cleaning as long as I didn't over do it, bend or pick up anything over 5 lbs. I kept forgetting to have them put food & pots n pans where I could easily reach before they left for school & work. If I had a 5 yrs old, I would have some things out that they could easily make themselves if they get hungry.
Good luck to you, you should feel so much better when all the bad parts are out. I hope our posts help ease some of you anxiety.
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:19 PM

HI,
I had my Hyst 8/31/09 and they took everything. I felt great after surgery and still feel great. Just listen to your doctors orders and you will be fine. I could not have the divinci because I had way to much scar tissue from previous surgeries so I had to get an Adominal. Sex was and is still great, I took my black belt karate test seven weeks after surgery was on a business trip in September. Not all of us heal the same but I think you will do fine just remember YOU ARE THE PRINCESS AT YOUR CASTLE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2012, 08:27 PM

Thank you ladies.. It seems to be from those of you that have responded that sex is just as good, if not better with both the cervix and without the cervix taken..

Sigh.. Now I am wondering if I should just let them take it.. I HATE having to make this decision.. I wish I had a crystal ball to see either outcome.. leaving the cervix and not leaving it.. Lol..
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Need to Vent.. EMOTIONAL MESS..(Children mentioned)

Hugs I understand the stree let's talk about the sex I am 26 mom of two living children 3 passed. Chemo is over I am healed. I had everything removed along with my left kidney. But before surg the only way I was able to have the big o was a vibrerating egg or oral now that I have had things removed she tighting things up oh my sex is wonderful I have 17 stitches on my right now sex is that great. Relax breath

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register