Scheduled for hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled for hysterectomy Scheduled for hysterectomy

Unread 01-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Scheduled for hysterectomy

Hello, ladies,
I had a Myomectomy in 2004. My surgeon removed several large fibroids but had to leave a few that were in the walls of my uterus. At the time, the option for having children was still open so she was keeping that available. I had no problems for a few years after that but in 2009, I started to have heavy bleeding a lot. (Soaking through 4-6 overnight pads a day) Periods last about 2 weeks. My uterus is now the size of a 4 mth pregnancy and is full of fibroids. The largest is the size of an orange. I have leg, back and hip pains now that never happened before.
I am currently scheduled for a hysterectomy in Feb since Dr says I am not a candidate for another Myomectomy, or any other treatment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Re: Scheduled for hysterectomy

Good Morning!

I started suffering from severe cramping, irregular, frequent heavy periods when I was 34. Long story short, I was eventually diagnosed with uterine fibroids and had a myomectomy in 2002. The doctor removed 2 large fibroids, but - like Pbailey06 - not all could be removed due to location. The myomectomy solved all my problems and the results lasted nearly 5 years before the symptoms returned.

I eventually decided to have a hysterectomy after waiting to see if menopause would kick in and solve my problems. It didn't. If you are close to menopause, you might want to seriously consider the myomectomy and save hyster for when all hope fades - if ever.
Unread 01-23-2012, 05:17 PM

I also had fibroids as part of my problem, and mine were like being 19 weeks pregnant. In the end, there was so much pressure that my back "went out" three times this fall. I haven't had the back, leg or hip pain since the surgery. It feels great!

It's hard to face such a serious procedure. If you trust your doctor, then you know what you need to do and I am guessing that you are looking for support with how hard that feels. If you are not sure about your doctor, then you should consider getting a second opinion to see if there are other options for you.

I hope you get the answers and support that you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2012, 09:00 PM

Having a hysterectomy is a huge decision, and a second opinion is always an option, if you want. However, you need to make the decision that is right for you and your health. We are here to support you. I know this is a tough place to be.

(((Hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register