Post Op: Da Vinci surgery & still hurt-HELP | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op: Da Vinci surgery & still hurt-HELP Post Op: Da Vinci surgery & still hurt-HELP

Unread 01-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Post Op: Da Vinci surgery & still hurt-HELP

Hello all - I had the Da vinci on Jan. 4 - full hyst - for the last two weeks I have had terrible pain on my right side - lower. Dr. said I tore a muscle? I was under the impression that with this robotic surgery I would heal quicker and be back to normal within 3 weeks. I have no appetite and have not eaten in 2 days. I understand this to be normal with the full incision surgery - but I am very surprised that I am still in pain. I am 39 with endo and polycystic ovaries were removed along with uterus & cervix. Is there anyone out there that had the robotic surgery with same issues? I am quite concerned. Thank you very much!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Re: Post Op: Da Vinci surgery & still hurt-HELP

I had a lot of pain in my right side too after my Davinci surgery. I was told that it was muscle pain caused by all of the manipulation during surgery. It was the worst pain I had with the whole surgery. It was constant at first, especially when I moved and was the last pain to go away while I recovered. It was still bothering until around my fourth week post-op. It moved around some too; it wasn't always in the same exact spot but always on my lower right side.
I didn't have a problem with my appetite at the point you are, but if you're taking a lot of pain meds still, that could be affecting your appetite.
It sounds like you've talked to your doctor already but I wouldn't hesitate to call again if things don't get better soon...that's what they're there for!
I hope and pray you get to feeling better soon...
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:14 PM

Oh my gosh - thank you so much for your response! It really helps to know that someone out there that experienced the same issue. I haven't been on pain meds for a couple of days which still could have something to do with the lack of appetite. The pain is better today - so apparently I just need to be patient and allow it to heal. Thank you so much for your response - I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! All in all today is the best I have felt since the surgery - today is 3 weeks.
Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2012, 06:17 PM

I'm glad I could help and I'm glad that you're feeling better! I did just read on one of the other threads about two other women who were both having pain in their right sides after a davinci. It must be something that happens for some reason.
I hope you continue to feel better!!
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:34 PM

I am having that same pain. I had my surgery on the 10th. It really hurts. It just started today. I go to doc in the morning for my 2 week check up. I will just take pain meds tonight. I can live with it for a couple of weeks if that is what it is!!
Unread 01-25-2012, 08:40 AM

Good luck - I am guessing that you tore a muscle as I did - they have to cut through our muscle on the right side and if we just move a certain way we could tear it more. Let us know how your doctor visit goes. Interesting that my pain started almost at two weeks too...
Take care!
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:21 AM

Had davinci, same problem. 7 weeks post op and I hardly ever feel it anymore. It gets better.
Unread 01-25-2012, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the response Golden! It is a relief to know that it gets better. Felt great yesterday - today sore again. Just need to be patient. I would think doctor's would inform of this possibility so we could have been mentally prepared.
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:03 PM

I agree-should of been forwarned of things like this just so we knew.

I have episodes each day but it's lower left side-only after being up and out for an hour it kicks in and is worse than any post op stuff I had initially-my Dr. is watching it-said could be so many things-adhesion in a bad/wrong spot, blood clot that will disolve, it's just a guessing game-but i'm interested in that you all have it on right side.

Hope you feel better and better each day!
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:17 PM

Hi Ladies,
So glad to read this I had the daVinci 9 days ago and the pain in my lower right belly hurts so bad to day I actually wanted to cry, but I didn't. LOL
If I push on it while I am up walking it hurts a little less. I have been trying not to take pain meds but did today and will tonight. I hope for less pain tomorrow for all of us!! Heating pad helps, the kid you put in the microwave.
Best wishes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register