surgery on 1/31 & doctor changes mind.. - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery on 1/31 & doctor changes mind.. surgery on 1/31 & doctor changes mind..

Unread 01-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Re: OMG 1 week till surgery & doctor changes mind.. PLEASE reply if cervix removed!

Amen to that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Re: OMG 1 week till surgery & doctor changes mind.. PLEASE reply if cervix removed!

Thank you for this conversation. I am 6 weeks out after cervix removal and can try for sex again. Both my partner and I are really nervous and scared that it might be painful and less pleasureable. I still have the desire and lubrication ( which was a big concern for me) but after reading this thread, I guess I can calm down.

Hope all goes well for you.
Unread 01-28-2012, 08:13 PM

You too and thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2012, 12:15 PM

I'm almost 2.5 weeks out from surgery. I'll check back with you, gmac, in about 3.5 weeks and let you know how it goes I'm in the "freaky" camp also...my concern about post op sex almost prevented me from having the surgery at all. BUT for the fact that I was bleeding more than not and didn't have enough sex because of it, I may not have had the surgery.
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:29 PM

Balance- I was the same way.. Just over 2 days left till my surgery and half of me wants to cancel the whole thing right now But I have to have faith i. God and my doctors that this is the right decision for me..
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:40 PM

gmac, the first week will suck. Sorry. It just will. But REMEMBER that the pain and the gas and the tenderness and the fatigue WILL pass. After your surgery, in the post-op forum, stick close to the surgery post for the week of Jan 30th thread. You'll be able to gauge your progress as it relates to your surgery sisters. What I also did was go to the threads for the week before my surgery date to see what I SHOULD/WOULD be experiencing by next week. You'll be able to see the light at the end of your tunnel that way :-) You're going to have to keep your patience close by. The road will be rocky for a little bit, but it WILL pass and it will get better day by day.
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:46 PM

Thank you Balance.. Yes, just last night I started visiting the Post Op threads to get a heads up on what might and might not be normal. Today we did an overhaul on the house and set up my "camp". Went shopping for my highly anticipated bowel prep tomorrow.. I think tonight it is gonna really set in. I suffer terribly with panic attacks so I have those meds on hand as I am sure I will need them later
Unread 01-29-2012, 01:46 PM

I got things ready today too. My daughter has sever food allergies, so I made every meal for the days she will be with her grandparents and packed her lunches for the week. I also helped her pack her clothes and things up. I have all my stuff ready too, but I still need to pack it up. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband who plans on being at the hospital the whole time, so he will manage everything. I have to say it is really hitting me now though and I'm going to open a nice bottle of wine.
Btw...I'm so looking forward to having great sex too! My dh asked my dr how long for external stimulation and his reply was as soon as I was out of recovery. Actual sex he said that he needed some time for me to heal.
Unread 01-29-2012, 01:49 PM

- will be thinking of you
You will do fine. Hey, at least wait until you get home from the hospital
Unread 01-29-2012, 02:08 PM

I had my cervix removed and couldn't wait to get rid of it. My surgery was 12 weeks ago and although cleared for sex at 8weeks out we haven't gone there yet because I don't want to risk having to heal twice so me and THE DUDE have decided to wait the full 4months the internal body needs to heal after this surgery. We still have "FUN" and have made AWESOME plans for Valentines week when we resume our fun without limitations. Just from the experiences we have indulged in I have NO concerns regarding how sex will be cervix free..WHO HOO!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register