surgery on 1/31 & doctor changes mind.. - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery on 1/31 & doctor changes mind.. surgery on 1/31 & doctor changes mind..

Unread 01-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Re: OMG 1 week till surgery & doctor changes mind.. PLEASE reply if cervix removed!

Thank you Carole Anne.. Awesome response lol Kmcdbody.. I will be? Da Vinci that good huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Re: OMG 1 week till surgery & doctor changes mind.. PLEASE reply if cervix removed!

Yes! I am do relaxed, drinking a glass of wine. Living life. You will see. Good luck!!! Have faith!!
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:30 PM

Thank you... Thinking positive vibes right now.. Love this board and its member's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharona19 View Post
I struggled greatly with whether to keep my cervix or not and not just because of the cancer risk. As awful as it may sound, my only true concern was what would happen to my sex life. My drive and orgasms have always been extremely GREAT!!!! I did not want to lose this. After much research and discussion with my DR, I chose to remove it along with everything else. I am almost 14 weeks out and was released for sex at 8 weeks. I was allowed masturbation after 2 weeks and actually waited until 3 weeks. The first time out, I had the best orgasm ever. It was somewhat different, but spectacular. I am on HRT and have no issues with lubrication. My drive is even stronger than before and my orgasms are easier to come by and they are fantastic. The only comment my husband has made is that I feel tighter but he does not notice any shortening. My thought is that if you already have a great sex life, the hysterectomy can only improve it (no more bleeding and pain). In all reality, the cancer risk should be the primary reason to remove your cervix, but I do understand your concerns. I am 46yo and have had no children. I also had a da Vinci and I am beyond ecstatic with the outcome. I feel great, I have lost weight, I am no longer in pain, I no longer have to deal with all the hormonal issues. I would do this again in a heartbeat and twice on Sundays. Good luck with your surgery and recovery.
Reading this has made me feel so much better about my surgery
Unread 01-27-2012, 08:59 PM

Me too!! This thread and all of the replies has made me more confident of my choice..
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:23 PM

I would recommend starting with your 'camp' upstairs because that's where most things happen in your house. I say that because it gets lonely stuck in a room away from everyone (and harder to get help). I spent two days in my recliner before I could finally sleep in our bed. By day three at home, I could get myself in and out of bed without help, but stayed upstairs for the day. (My bathrooms are both removed from the living room by stairs, but they are short flights so I tackled them as soon as I was home without problems. However, they will ask you if you have stairs and might tell you to not use them for a period of time. I was cleared for the stairs because they are only 8 stairs ea flight.)
I also scrubbed my house before surgery so I wouldn't have to look at gross bathrooms for 6 weeks. (and I wanted it super clean when I had a 5" incision to shower with)

Find binds to put stuff you want near you. Corralling my stuff in the plastic tub from the hospital made life easier (phones, note pads, pens, book, meds, etc) Then all I had to do was look in my bind of things to find stuff instead of the floor, the table, the other room.

Put a basket of toilet paper, wet wipes, and pads in a basket on the back of your toilet so you can take out what you need when you sit down. It stops you from getting stuck there debating if you can reach under the cabinet at 2am while high on pain killers. I have yet to manage the drawer in our bath that holds extra TP.

I'm only 10 days out, so I tell you, I'm worried I won't be ready to go back part time during week 4. I'm feeling much better than last week, so I'm just going to have to wait and see what I feel like next week. I have post op on the 1st, and will be honest with him about how I feel and see what my doc's opinion is.
Unread 01-28-2012, 04:16 AM

I went through the same questions, I wanted to keep my Cervix, I probably read some of the same stuff as you. I wasn't concerend with the sex aspect what scared me was the Vaginal Cuff, was worried I would be at work one day and my insides would fall out. Well I had long talk with Dr and I had the cervix removed mainly because I have had Pos Paps and why risk it. I am almost 5 weeks post op and I can't complain, no sex yet, but I had an orgasm in my sleep can't explain, body rehearsing I guess and it was great, I just went with the flow.
Unread 01-28-2012, 06:15 AM

I am 43. I had my cervix and uterus removed but left my ovaries in. This was done last April so 9 months ago. My orgasms are definitely better and easier to achieve. Although I did have 2 repair surgeries. One in June for overdoing it in the gym, then having sex afterwards too hard. (My boyfriend is very long) and the other in September for overdoing it in the gym and having sex too hard again, but the one in september didn't open up, just air got in through a fissure and caused very painful gas pains and they had to sew me up better. But now, we are back to having crazy sex LOL and it feels just like old times!! It took a while to heal because I couldn't stop lifting weights and jogging. I was stupid and didn't listen. And then my boyfriends large penis didn't help either. Sorry for being so blunt but that's my story. In the beginning I was wishing I didn't have my cervix removed mainly because I couldn't have "normal" sex but that's all in the past now and i'm very happy, that the cervix is gone! So, yes, have your cervix removed, it's inevitable anyway, you might as well get it over with. Just don't lift heavy things and have sex until the doctor clears you, that's all!
Unread 01-28-2012, 06:23 AM

Great advice Lorraine! Thanks.. LadyBella the "cuff" does freak me out the most.. really.. MelisSanta lol. Swinging from the chandaliers sex.. lol.. Thank you ladies
Unread 01-28-2012, 07:49 AM

Dear gmac4_11, I can tell you that I have NO regrets of having gone thru my Davinci hyster. You have done all you need to by getting the house as clean as possible beforehand, and getting those healthy fiber foods. I would suggest for you to stay downstairs bc the stairs will be hard for you on the first couple of weeks and it's best to keep any visitors away from the second floor which I am sure the family may mess up! LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register