TAH Anyone else getting this discharge? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else getting this discharge? Anyone else getting this discharge?

Unread 01-25-2012, 03:09 AM
Anyone else getting this discharge?

I have a white discharge after every bowl movement and I am 6 weeks and 2 days post op.
Sometimes it is a light yellow. I think it must be normal since most people from past posts seem to be getting it?
Anyone else experience this at 6 weeks or more?
Just gets a little annoying. Also, I notice a little watery discharge throughout the day.
Nothing big, just feel a little wet. Wear a pad to be safe and by the end of the day I notice a slight tan color on the pad. Could it just be stitches dissolving?
Anyone else get this or anything similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2012, 04:13 AM
Re: Anyone else getting this discharge?

Yes, I am having something similar almost six weeks post op. Two nights ago I had a lot of fresh blood also, it was a surprise. But mostly I have a light pink watery discharge. Wonder if my previous endometrios is causing a slower recovery?
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:04 AM

I had no blood at all, just the clear, yellowish and light tan colored discharge.
Plus, a little watery. I think it may be dissolving stitches? My post op appointment is on February 9th.
Just want to know if others have had this and what the doctor told them at their post op check up. I mean, is it normal?
Plus, not sure why I always get a cloudy, white or light yellow discharge with each bowl movement. Very frustrating.
icd2003 I would phone the doctor right away if you are having bright red bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2012, 05:30 AM

Yes, I called the doctor's office yesterday and the nurse said that if the bleeding happens again she will schedule a visit with the doctor. My next scheduled visit is Feb. 6. The nurse asked me if I had done any lifting and I had, so maybe that caused the bleeding. This was my second time bleeding with a large blood clot coming out, so hope the vaginal cuff is healing properly. There seems to be a wide range of normal healing, some slower than others. I take aspirin every day, so maybe that has an impact on bleeding.
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:45 AM

Keep me posted Would like to know what your doctor tells you.
I would also like to know if anyone else had the discharge I was describing.
Not getting much response to any of my posts and not sure why? I mean....Do people normally have the kind of discharge I was describing while the stitches were dissolving?
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:20 AM

At six weeks for me it was Thanksgiving! That is the only time I had any spotting of any kind and it was light in color. I helped with dinner on Thurs. and made a dinner on Friday.
Unread 01-25-2012, 07:09 AM

I've had that discharge since the beginning and last Friday at seven weeks, I had bright red bleeding so I called the doctor who saw me right away. He said that my vaginal cuff suture was bleeding and did a silver nitrate treatment. He had used stronger suture thread than most doctors so he said that it dissolved at 6-8 weeks instead of the normal 3-4. The light yellow-tan discharge, he told me, was from that suture also and is just part of the healing process for some people. He also told me that I would have it for a few days after the silver nitrate treatment and I have, a little less each day. I'm hoping it stops completely soon.
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:18 AM

Gee...hope I don't get red blood I have been doing good so far. Just the cloudy and white discharge after every bowl movement and then a little watery and light yellow or light tan discharge every now and then.
Really don't want to have to go back to the doctor 2 and 3 times for treatments. Not to mention all the worrying I know it will cause. Sometimes I think I would of been better off just getting the myomectomy. I mean, I would of still gotten a period for a while after, but I would not have to worry about a vaginal cuff etc....
Too late now though....It's done and over with and I need to now deal with it all.
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:27 AM

I too have had exactly what you were talking about. I actually had discharge for many years and my doc found that it's because my cervix "was a mess". He said that after my hyst. that all that would go away, but Im 4 weeks post op and still having it. It's good to hear that others have the same thing...no blood, just white milky etc. I go to see my doc tomorrow and will ask about this but maybe my worries are a bit premature. Id be curious to know if yours eventually goes away. Good luck!

LAVH on Dec 27, 2011
Left both ovaries, took cervix and uterus
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:40 AM

Thanks and keep us posted. Would like to hear what the doctor tells you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register