TAH Anyone else getting this discharge? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else getting this discharge? Anyone else getting this discharge?

Unread 01-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Re: Anyone else getting this discharge?

WOW! Just very surprised that more people don't have this kind of discharge? You think it would be all a normal healthy healing process? Now I AM worried and disappointed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2012, 01:06 PM

Bee778....I'm got the same thing going on. I'm at about 7 weeks right now...when I went for my 6 week check up she said I was still healing inside and put me on another 4 weeks of pelvic rest...something about my stitches still healing so I think your right and that the leaking is from that? Find it weird that this not something we are told about? I've been worried that is was my bladder leaking? Mine is always yellow or brownish? So not clear like yours...keep me posted on what u find out since I feel like no one is really telling me what is going on and I'm confused
Unread 01-26-2012, 01:32 PM

Tomorrow will be 8 weeks for me and this is the first day that I haven't had a discharge (so far- the day's not over!). I had the silver nitrate treatment last Friday at week 7 so I'm hoping that this is it. I'm definitely getting tired of it all and feel like I was not told realistically how long this recovery was going to last. I'm still on all my physical restrictions for another week.
When I went for the initial consultation, the doctor told me that women can go back to work after two weeks so I thought I would be feeling pretty well by then. As a result, I wasn't expecting to still be having problems at 8 weeks.
I hope everyone else's problems clear up soon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2012, 01:46 PM

Can you tell me what the silver nitrate treatment is for? I think it has something to do with my stitches inside right?
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:15 PM

I just spoke to one of my doctors on the phone and she told me that what I was getting is normal and that I am very healthy and coming along fine.
She said it was all part of the female reproductive system etc...
I don't have a Uterus or Cervix, but I do have my ovaries and tubes and am still secreting fluid etc... and it's normal for discharge to be expelled via the vagina during a bowl movement.
Just as long as it is not real clumpy, has a foal odor, along with a slight fever etc...
Anyways....My post op appointment is February the 9th. When they see me then, will let you all know what happens and what is said/done.
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:55 PM

If the suture inside your vagina is healing slowly and bleeds bright red, or if you have granulation growing over your stitches which slows down healing and can cause bleeding, they take a long q-tip and put silver nitrate over the area bleeding which cauterizes it, stops the bleeding and helps it to heal faster.
If you search for granulation and silver nitrate on here, there is an article about it. Hope this helps!
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:29 PM

I just got home from my 4 week appointment. My doc said the discharge is not abnormal and will eventually go away when the healing process is complete. He said when the cuff is completely healed there will be a scar formed and then the discharge stops. After the exam, which I was pretty nervous about but wasn't bad, he said I look like I should at 4 weeks.
Feeling pretty good!
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:40 PM

Thanks Daisies4me! Nice to hear that Can't wait to hear what my doctor tells me at my post op appt. On Feb. 9th.
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:43 PM

I also have discharge and have to wear panty liners. Kind of frustrating because I thought this hysterectomy was the fix. Week 3 I felt fabulous and did a little more than I should have. Started bleeding like I had my period and soaked 4 pads in 1 day. I ended up in the ER. I also tore at the vaginal cuff between my stitches. DR said most of the blood was probably left in my belly from surgery. Finally by week 5 I stopped spotting but now I have this annoying discharge. I had my post op exam on 1/27 and the DR said it is part of the healing process. Recovery was not what I expected. I have a 3 year old and it has been a very humbling time. I just get so tired by the end of the day and now this discharge. Ugh! I am returning to work next week. Hope I feel "normal" by then but I am thankful for this website. I feel like it has been far more helpful than my Dr. A big thank you to ALL of you :-)
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:51 AM

Wow! sorry to hear that Going on 8 weeks here and no bleeding at all.
Just what the doctor calls healthy discharge etc...
I will be going for my post op on Thursday the 9th of this month.
Hopfully the cuff is all healed.
Just wish I was bone dry in there like most woman my age lol Oh well...maybe in another 2 years or so. At least I don't have to wear pads anymore.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register