What are you reading/watching/doing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What are you reading/watching/doing? What are you reading/watching/doing?

Unread 01-25-2012, 08:24 AM
What are you reading/watching/doing?

I thought this would be a little bit of fun and make for good for recommendations during our recovery.

So what movies/dvds are you watching?

Me: I have Netflix and Amazon streaming,

Mad Men season 1 ..why didn't I start watch this show sooner.

The Thomas Crown Affair, the original with Steve McQueen

Today is Ides of March,

I should be reading the last James Patterson Alex Cross book, its in my room just haven't picked it up yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Re: What are you reading/watching/doing?

Netflix kept me sane. Started watching NCIS and got hooked. Almost through season 8 now.

I'm typically an avid reader but found I couldn't focus on it very long the first couple of weeks. I had a stack of Ann Perry mysteries and recently finished them, now I'm going through a box of mysteries my mom brought over - when I'm not working and doing other chores (or sleeping - having some sleep issues right now).

Cheers!
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:15 AM

I'm loving "My Name is Earl" on netflix! Limiting myself, though, so I don't go through all the episodes too quickly!

I've read "Shanghai Girls" by Lisa See and loved it ... now I want to read the sequel ("Dreams of Joy"). Don't have it, though, so I'm reading "The Red Queen" by Plilippa Gregory - love her writing.

Thanks for this thread! I'll be checking back for more recommendations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2012, 10:17 AM

Read hunger games. It was my 16 yr old daughters so I was skeptical but I was pleasantly surprised, I loved it!! Also loved shanghai girls and its sequel. Snowflower and the secret fan is also an Asian historical book. It was one of the best books I think I have ever read. Excellent.
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:00 AM

Netflixs is keeping me busy.. started at the very first episode of Grey's Anatomy. And I am knitting!
Unread 01-25-2012, 12:23 PM

I didn't pick up a book my first two weeks post-op - for some reason, just did not feel like reading - but then read two great books: Sarah's Key and The Doctor's Wife.
Unread 01-25-2012, 12:43 PM

I had trouble reading even though I love it. I started doing jigsaws. My kids gave me their boxed series of "Gilmore Girls" and I am up to season 6.
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:32 PM

I'm not really a movie buff, so I've been catching up on the missed episodes of the biggest loser, parenthood etc. I'm also working on a 2000 piece puzzle but only spend a little time each day on that since it requires sitting. I walk a lot and also play Words With Friends as well as Scramble With Friends. I have to admit, I'm quite bored and may have to resort to movies to pass the time.
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:55 PM

I've been surviving through Netflix as well. An entertaining series is called Downton Abbey. NF has season 1 and season 2 is going on now on PBS. I love anything to do with the late 1800's to the early 1900's, the costumes and sets are gorgeous. Also Battlestar Galactica is AMAZING, (the new one, NOT the series from the 80's, lol). I've watched the entire series 3 times over the years, but the DH bought me the Bluray box set as a home from the Castle gift. Can't get enough!

As far as reading I haven't really been able to focus too much on it yet. I'm an avid reader so it's been a little strange that I've been watching so much TV compared to how much time I usually spend reading. A fantastic, (and very steamy), series is the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. Any Twihard fans out there will see the error of their ways when it comes to vampires when they read these books. Just google search images and youtube videos of Black Dagger Brotherhood and you should be sufficiently hooked even before you get the first book, lol.

Let me know what you think if you look into them. I'm all for having a few BDB fans to message!

(((HUGS)))
Kim
Unread 01-27-2012, 07:18 PM

I'm so bummed I haven't had the energy, motivation, or concentration to read any of the stack of books I compiled for this. I also haven't watched any movies like I planned. I haven't seen Bridesmaids and bought it to watch, may finally get to it this weekend...hope the laughing doesn't hurt my belly too much

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register