My Robotic Hysterectomy is Scheduled for 2/3 & I need support! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Robotic Hysterectomy is Scheduled for 2/3 & I need support! My Robotic Hysterectomy is Scheduled for 2/3 & I need support!

Unread 01-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Re: My Robotic Hysterectomy is Scheduled for 2/3 & I need support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusfeet View Post
Hi everyone
I wast old to have a hysterectomy not scheduled as yet-I am going on Wed to have an ultrasound and biopsy(I have Fibroids).I am so scared.Has anyone had robotic hysterectomy for fibroids?
My robotic hyster was on Jan 6th for a large fibroid in my uterus which was the size of a 4 mth pregnancy. It was more complicated once the robot was inside due to the fibroid attaching itself to my left ovary, urethra, bladder, and spleen. It was supposed to be a 2 hr surgery but ended as 5 hrs. I believe robotic is the BEST way to have a hyster or any kind of surgery having this option. By day 4 I felt soooo good taking only motrin for any discomfort. You would feel so good you run into risks of doing too much too soon so you'd have to pamper urself for atleast 3-4 weeks no matter how great you'd feel. However, I do believe it is the most expensive surgery too so make sure your insurance covers most if not all of it. My ins. covers 80% with an out of pocket limit of $5000 which means the most I will pay is the $5000 so I went for it!. I highly advise it as long as your ins. pays well. Good luck in your decision and God Bless You!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2012, 10:18 AM

my husband just walks around like it isn't about to happen. Until he sees me doubled over in pain then he starts asking questions about the surgery. He is the type that does not like to be in charge of everything. I am a stay at home mom and I take care of everything. so this is a big deal for me. I am worried about things getting done so we fight about that. I hope that everything is ok and I am praying for you...
Unread 01-30-2012, 10:27 AM

Try to take at LEAST 4 weeks. I know a lot of people go back sooner, but please pamper yourself. Ask you dr. how long of an absence he can write you for. I think most of the drs don't mind giving you an order for 4-5-6 weeks, if you tell them you want it...
I'm at 8 weeks this coming Thursday, and if I were going back to work (I'm currently unemployed) I would be feeling ready by now, but not at 3 weeks. Not to say it's a problem, just nice to fully recover and be able to rest in princess style as long as you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2012, 10:31 AM

Quick question....what is the "princess"? Thanks!
Unread 01-30-2012, 10:45 AM

Princess (used quite a bit by the hostesses of this site) means to me that you should be treated like a princess and be allowed to act like one! No chores, no work and be served your every need by your loved ones :-) Now, probably not totally realistic for most, but as close as you can get! We are princesses ladies!
Unread 01-30-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp1159 View Post
My robotic hyster was on Jan 6th for a large fibroid in my uterus which was the size of a 4 mth pregnancy. It was more complicated once the robot was inside due to the fibroid attaching itself to my left ovary, urethra, bladder, and spleen. It was supposed to be a 2 hr surgery but ended as 5 hrs. I believe robotic is the BEST way to have a hyster or any kind of surgery having this option. By day 4 I felt soooo good taking only motrin for any discomfort. You would feel so good you run into risks of doing too much too soon so you'd have to pamper urself for atleast 3-4 weeks no matter how great you'd feel. However, I do believe it is the most expensive surgery too so make sure your insurance covers most if not all of it. My ins. covers 80% with an out of pocket limit of $5000 which means the most I will pay is the $5000 so I went for it!. I highly advise it as long as your ins. pays well. Good luck in your decision and God Bless You!
I was very fortunate that my insurance covered all but $28 (yes $28) dollars of my surgery! $20 for my first dr. visit and $8 for a prescription. I looked at the policy before surgery and thought that it would be covered 100% but was so happy when all the paperwork was processed and that was the case. You never know for sure with insurance companies. Best $28 I've ever spent! lol!
Unread 01-30-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callalily01 View Post
I was very fortunate that my insurance covered all but $28 (yes $28) dollars of my surgery! $20 for my first dr. visit and $8 for a prescription. I looked at the policy before surgery and thought that it would be covered 100% but was so happy when all the paperwork was processed and that was the case. You never know for sure with insurance companies. Best $28 I've ever spent! lol!

WOW! That is incredible Callalily! I want your insurance company! LOL
Unread 01-30-2012, 11:52 AM

I agree, that insurance is amazing! I've been spending at least $45 for each doctor's appointment (too many to count!) Over $100 on prescriptions and my hospital co-pay is $500/day!
Unread 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM

Yikes! That'll get you to hurry out the door! I was a bit concerned that I had to stay an extra day because of a bad reaction to the anesthesia and subsequent meds, that they may frown on the extra day charge, but they paid it. You have to use a preferred provider with United Health Ins., but fortunately, both my Dr. and the close Legacy Hospital were on their list. We've been very pleased with the coverage provided by my hubby's employer.
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:10 PM

Only 3 more days until my surgery on Friday. I can already feel that I'm starting to get anxious and I might have to start taking my Valium. I woke up at least 4 times last night and usually sleep straight through, a full 8 hours. Needless to say, I'll be checking back here frequently for support and encouragement ~ you've all been great!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register