Incision uh oh.. Help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision uh oh.. Help Incision uh oh.. Help

Unread 01-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Incision uh oh.. Help

I had my hysterectomy jan 16 and yesterday my Lil girl who is 2 wanted to see how my ouchies were doing. She noticed the tape was starting to separate and yanked and pulled incision tape off. I pushed back down and went on with my day took a shower last night and tape fell off. So I called hospital surgery because I have had a lot of questions since the surgery and my Dr and his nurse seem annoyed by me. They said put bandaid nothing hot. I followed directions and today when I was going to shower I took bandaid off and this yellow green kinda thick stuff was on it. I put a new bandaid my hubby was freaking out So I called dr. Nurse disnt wanna talk to me but dr answered the phone he said it may be normal because it's the start of a scab and the incision is so tiny it's hard to get it infected but if redness is bigger than a quarter, then call him. My question is has anyone had this and was it ok. thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Re: Incision uh oh.. Help

hey, starfish, i think this may all get moved by a mod to the post op area, but i also had an incision problem - bleeding - and the nurse told me to watch for any greenish discharge, as that could be a sign of infection. i'd try to call them again - i don't think anything can be too small to get infected. good luck and i hope you feel better soon!
Unread 01-26-2012, 07:11 PM

Hi there!

I hope you do not ever let their apparent annoyance with you keep you from seeking answers when you have questions. Ever. This is way too important. If there is yellowish or greenish discharge on the wound itself or if it's warm/hot to the touch and red and you have fever, that sounds like infection to me. If it was on the Band-Aid only and the incision looks okay, I think you should still keep an eye on it.

Take it easy, princess! Hope all goes well for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2012, 08:58 PM

Watch it very closely.

IF you develop new pain or stinging, the wound feels warm or hot to the touch, you start to run a fever, or feel worse when you had started to feel better you need to be seen, whether they are annoyed or not. It is your health and your body.

I hope it clears up for you quickly.
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:05 AM

Thank you Ladies,
It look better but there is new pain that was not there before. Low grade fever. I will keep on it. Thank you do much. Xo I'll let ya know if anything new arises. <3
Unread 01-27-2012, 01:48 PM

2 weeks post op, my wound started to hurt again. A day later it began to drain. The next day the drainage started turning a nasty color. I called my doc and I was seen that day. It was infected

I was put on antibiotics for 7 days. The infection didn't clear. It continued to drain, despite the antibiotics. I called the doctor and told them the situation. I had one more day of antibiotics and it wasn't close to healing. The wound was getting deeper and it looked yellow. I had no temp.

Me being a nurse and all, I was very uncomfortable with their cavalier attitude. They told me to wait until my next appt. which was 3 days away. At this point I was 3 weeks out and they were seeing me on a weekly basis.

I just went today. They said "it didn't look that bad." He pulled out my stitches, dug out the infected tissue and told me, "it was a reaction to the stitches." He put steri-strips on the incision and that was it. I'm concerned because underneath the steri-strips is a gaping hole.

Sorry this is so long. I was hoping that you could learn something from my experience. The longer you wait, the worse it gets. I wouldn't let them intimidate you into not calling them. If you have a temp and it's draining what you say it is, I'd press them to be seen and have the drainage cultered.
Unread 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM

Toni thank you the pain has gotten a bit bad. I had stopped taking narcotics and I took one last night I got bad headache come to find out the blue in loritab 10 give me headaches. I have called with no answer Dr is not in and I am not seen til feb 1st. I have not been seen at all since surgery. If it gets worse I might have to go to insta care or something. Thank you so much for the info and the length is no problem I appreciate your help and feedback xo
Unread 01-27-2012, 03:28 PM

Hon, if you are having to take prescription pain meds after being off of them, you really should get seen. Even if you have to go to an urgent care. Fever, green drainage and increased pain are pretty good indicators of infection. I am so sorry you are having trouble being seen.
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:46 PM

Quick question.. All of sudden I am having pain and it's almost like cramps in my rectum.. Has anyone had any issues with this? Even when I cough it hurts.
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:47 PM

I think I'm going to have to..thank you @love the ocean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register