dVH/RALH pulling sensation 8 days post op/ burning sensation/adhesions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pulling sensation 8 days post op/ burning sensation/adhesions pulling sensation 8 days post op/ burning sensation/adhesions

Unread 01-26-2012, 05:48 PM
pulling sensation 8 days post op/ burning sensation/adhesions

Hi, I'm new to this forum and have really enjoyed reading all of the pertinent information so far. I had a robotic assisted hyst. 8 days ago and feel pretty good thus far. Had a ton of pain at first and pain meds nauseate me , so that has been a small hurdle. I had my uterus and cervix removed. I have 4 small incisions to my abd that look ok. I have walked about 1/2 mile for the past 2 days. I was in pretty good shape to begin with and very active. I had tons of adhesions , esp on right side of my abdomen, due to 2 c sections and a splenectomy several years ago. I am now experiencing a pulling, burning sensation on my right side. Hope I've not overdone it , but wondering if it's the internal sutures or something else. I have a follow up next wk. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar feeling/experience.This feeling is pretty constant and my husband is a great help and thinks this is from the heavy adhesions that were in that area. Thanks for any feedback !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Re: pulling sensation 8 days post op/ burning sensation/adhesions

There are several women on here who have had bad right side pain after their davinci, me included. It was the worst pain I had and the doctor said it was muscle damage from manipulation during surgery. It lasted for about four weeks, getting gradually better.
Hope it helps to know that you're not the only one!
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:23 PM

thank you sooo much. it's really bothering me and I am glad to know I'm not the only one! It started pretty suddenly on day 7(yesterday)and it's nagging now. I had a nurse friend recommend anaprox and I may try it. I plan to call md tomorrow and will post anything new. It's to the right of my bellybutton between my rib cage and pelvic bone...I can almost put my finger right on it and it's actually right under one of the incisions...Thank you !!! Love the suppport...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2012, 08:34 AM

Hi hunbunboxer, I admire your strength and will to get up and get back to your exercise routine but maybe it is too soon for a 1/2 mile walk? You are not only healing inside from incisions but also from muscle. Walking will work the muscles and maybe it is too soon to walk that much. Can you walk a little less at a time and just do it more often thru out the day? lease do not over exert urself it can set you back like it did me.
Unread 01-28-2012, 12:47 AM

thanks y'all ! I AM going to take it a little easier....yes I know that's kind of a long walk , but we have lots of trails that are so beautiful right outside our house. And I love this mild weather , which is unusual for this time of year. so...scorp1159 what kind of set back? did you overdo it too????
Unread 01-28-2012, 07:05 AM

Hi hunbunboxer, my set back was from thinking I am super woman and did more than I should've the first week of recovery. I took the chance of carrying some laundry, and having a few days where I hardly sat or laid down and the next thing I know I am running a fever of 101.7 for two days and have some swelling in my lower ab right above the pubic area. I called the Doc as all hosptl paperwork advised and he sent me to a CT Scan of my pelvis thinking I may have an abcess. Next thing I know I am at the hosptl having another Laproscopy done to remove fluids from my pelvis area. Once inside the Dr found it wasn't an abcess but there was enough fluid to extract for cultures. 5 days later the cultures showed 3 diff bacterias which I am now being treated for with strong antibiotics. My hospital stay was FOUR days on an IV antibiotic before they even knew what kind of infection I had. WE must be careful with our bodies no matter how good we feel because the insides are so delicate and we can have set backs. Please don't take such long walks at a time for now. Your body needs some down time to continue to heal. I thought I'd be back to work after two weeks cause I felt soooo good by day 4 after my dVh and I was wrong. It is now 3 weeks as of yesterday and I still don't feel right. I am 52 yrs old but very young and fit for my age so it's not like I am unhealthy. Plzzzz take it easier with your recovery.
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:27 AM

I had extensive adhesions that were removed during surgery. I had burning pains early on. Some were right at the incisions sites but some were randomly in my abs. I have been very careful so I think some of it was healing from all that removal.

be very careful about what you are doing. Walking is good but don't do too much too soon. What that is is very different for different people. I didn't even go outside for a week. Then I just walked around the short part of our drive way (we have a lot of driveway though). By the end of week 2 I was walking maybe a block or 2 a couple times a day plus around the house.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register