Scheduled dVH/RALH One week until surgery....extremely anxious and nervous! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week until surgery....extremely anxious and nervous! One week until surgery....extremely anxious and nervous!

Unread 01-26-2012, 09:22 PM
One week until surgery....extremely anxious and nervous!

So I have had a really rough day today. My surgery is a week away, I've been down with sickness for the past week and to add insult to injury, I have ONE MORE period that is supposed to start in two days and I'm just miserable and exhausted! (it is kind of nice knowing this will be my last one, though!) I'm already feeling so many emotions and am second guessing myself, even though I know it is the right decision....is this normal?? Also, today I was running errands and I swear, everywhere I went there were either babies or really really pregnant women and I just wanted to burst into tears! What is wrong with me??! I expected the emotional stuff afterwards but not now! I am just ready to get it over with so that hopefully I can start feeling better and then I will absolutely know that this was the right thing to do....even though we have exhausted all options, so logically it is the right thing, but emotionally, I'm not so sure! I have had so many surgeries and am never nervous, but for some reason I just keep thinking of what could possibly go wrong and possibly that they either won't get it all (if it's attached to other places) or that it will come back and I will be miserable again. I know I am rambling, I just don't know who else to go to. My husband is being great but I know he doesn't understand at all and everyone else I talk to just gives me that "pity look" or tries to give me all the typical upbeat support, when I know they have no clue what I am going through. Please tell me that I am not going crazy and that these are all normal feelings....and how do I get myself through this next week?? Thank you all! Hugs to everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Re: One week until surgery....extremely anxious and nervous!

I had my hysterectomy on Jan 19th i was so scared, i had the Da vinci method i am recovering well everyday gets better..i am telling you don't do anything after take care of yourself everything can wait.It is automatic to want to clean and take care of the house the most important thing is you.I cried everyday before and i still cry i feel like people don't understand especially my husband he seems selfish in all this and its very frustrating, it hard honey i am so sorry just try to relax its easier said than done i know and nobody understands they say they do but they dont,Be blessed honey find some alone time a good book and take a nice bubble bath at least for me because after you can't i wish i could give you a big hug i would take care and you know what its okay to cry because i do all the time
Unread 01-27-2012, 12:35 PM

It seemed like the week before surgery was the absolute worst time of my whole journey. The waiting, the anxiety, the fear of what was going to happen, the unknown... what you are feeling is perfectly normal. Or at least if it isn't, you are not alone in being abnormal, because I was right there where you're at now before my own surgery.

This is a major surgery, and to NOT second-guess yourself to some degree would be weird. Even though it is medically needed, this is still an emotional time, and it is OK to be upset and stressed about it. Really, it is.

You can drive yourself crazy with the "what-if's" of surgery. I know I did, but I would stop when I realized I was doing it, take a deep breath, and tell myself "I trust my surgeon to do what is best and everything she can" until I had calmed down.

Looking forward to life without the problems you're having now may help you to focus on the future and make the unknown a little more bearable. At least, it helped with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2012, 07:24 PM

You are NOT crazy - your feelings are completely normal. You will have emotional roller coaster before and after surgery. And, noticing babies and pregnant women would be normal. I did that too. You are headed for MAJOR SURGERY. That would make anyone second guess themselves to a certain extent. You may be in mourning for your uterus for some time. You are loosing your uterus, something that has made its presence known to you on a regular basis for decades, and now that is being taken away from you. Of course you are upset. This is much different than loosing an appendix.

Allow yourself the emotions. It is okay. Get on the site and post. We understand what you are going through and support you.

(((Hugs))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register