Emotional - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Re: Emotional

I can totally relate here. I have 9 days to go and I feel sick to my stomach right now. It has been quite a roller coaster ride these past couple of weeks.

Talking to a couple of friends who have had hysterectomies has been really encouraging. I have also found that if I get busy with other things - cleaning off my desk, organizing, shopping, baking and cooking for the freezer - it helps to keep my mind off of the surgery itself.

I got on Hyster Sisters to type up the questions I want to be sure to ask at my pre-op appointment on Wed., 2/08, and started freaking myself out. Honestly, Googling the mortality rate of hysterectomies probably isn't helping me.

Minimouser said, "And to think I did this to all of my Female cats". I'll admit, I looked at my sweet little dog and thought, "Well, she is doing fine after her surgery. We had almost no trouble with her post-op care. She did sleep a lot though for the first few days." Yikes . . . I'm scaring myself.

Know that you are not alone! I have been reading a lot here and am very thankful for finding this message board!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2012, 06:05 PM

It will be over before you know it, enjoy the extra attention and timeout from life, catch up on movies, crosswords, family etc. you will be in a happier place. I suffer from anxiety and depression and I am coping with this, a few tears here and there especially when it was the night before and saying farewell to my love ones. Once you get to hospital your fear will disappear , mine was replaced with anger for waiting for 5 hours lol. You will be fine. Cry as much as you like
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:48 PM

I am in the exact same place! My birthday was Saturday, then the Superbowl. Our home is the family gathering place so we had 15-20 folks in and out all weekend! It is a miracle I didn't murder anyone! At the same time, I just wanted to hug and cuddle my DH and grandkids. Then, I needed them to all disappear! The noise, chaos, mess, cooking are what I usually thrive on and I was ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE! I am at the decision making point with my doctor, what to take, what to leave, how to take it. These forums are the best, real info I have found. I am having low iron issues(last count was 6) that have to be addressed prior to the surgery and am going through the weariness and emotional upheaval that are the side effects. Feeling like a train wreck. I have a FAB hubby and a fantastic sex life, afraid of losing that(the sex, not the hubby). We are crazy active, lots of car travel, concerned about being stationary for so long. But, just realized what a witch I was being, I have all the time I need to recupe while many of you have jobs you must hurry back to and kids at home. Now, I get to add guilt to the pile! This whole thing just sucks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2012, 06:23 PM

"And to think I did this to all of my Female cats, (sigh)
Poor babies."

I did this to our 3 female dogs. Karma I guess.

I want to get a t-shirt for the hospital that says "FIXED" LOL

I'm not looking forward to NCIS and Mark Harman getting shot, I'm going to be a mess just because..LOL

At least I can laugh at myself afterwards. I'm cracking up that I was crying over a beer commercial. OMG
The mood swings are the ones that bother me the most b/c sometimes they come on so QUICK that it takes me by surprise. Have you ever heard your self yell for something so minor as being walked in front of or the dishes in the sink and picturing in your mind breaking each and every one of them…. and then my "good self" says "if you do, you'll have to clean it up"

AS for hubbies, I'm am one of the lucky ones. He took care of me through two hip replacement surgeries last year and made sure that I had breakfast lunch and would rush home to make dinner and feed the girls (the dogs) and take care of them. Did the laundry, and everything else. He's already plotting how to set up the house, the bedroom and the dorm fridge that he got last year. I love him even though I want to put a pillow over his head when he snores and wakes me up in the middle of the night once I finally get to sleep. :? I couldn't ask for anyone more supportive during all this craziness.

Truly blessed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register