final prep for Monday, fears, excited, personal emotional mess! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

final prep for Monday, fears, excited, personal emotional mess! final prep for Monday, fears, excited, personal emotional mess!

Unread 01-28-2012, 07:06 AM
final prep for Monday, fears, excited, personal emotional mess!

Is it seriously already Saturday? I'm not prepping for children's ministry all day tomorrow (bowel prep, and liquid diet tomorrow means HOME!) Almost all my ducks are nicely lined up, except those last minute ducks, like that bottle of soap they gave me. Moving a chair next to bed n couch. Even the plastic lawn chair to move in the shower. I will be recovering at home alone, except a friend stopping over once a day to bring food and do what I cant. Franklin is ready! (Peewee pillow pet, packed, ready for active duty!)

I find that since yesterday i need to filter what posts i read. Some make my breath get caught in my throat! Hopefully i get more sleep tonight n tomorrow, as the 3-4 hours all week i have been getting. But if i.don't, ill get sleep on the OR table.

I'm in a daze! Sometimes i get caught up in my life n forget, but those fears still looming always nearby, no matter how much i try to loose them. What if my ride over sleeps (they requested i arrive at the castle at 5:30AM, taken right to the room on the maternity floor that i will stay in that night! Thankfully i can go right to surgery from there, avoiding contact the entire time with the general population (wait, this isn't jail?) And hence avoiding bugs that could get this princess sick! My mom can wait in my room, and i already downloaded two movies she has been wanting to see on my kindle fire!) Pastors are coming at 6AM to pray with me. Yep all my pastors. On their day off!!!!!

I'm pacing, and cleaning like crazy. Already cleaned the fridge this AM. Still post op pain scares me!! Even though everyone from friends, family, and my Dr remind me i have been in chronic pain for months, and this has a end to it. Though i still remember a bad experience with my gallbladder.

It came so slowly and quickly all at once. This week i have wept many times!! I have been a crazy planner. I have been at peace then gripped in fear, back to peace. I have been ready to chicken out, then ready to skip into the OR. I'm a mess. I cant concentrate. Cant i just wake up and its Tuesday!

*gulp*
Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Re: final prep for Monday, fears, excited, personal emotional mess!

I hear, know and feel your angst (AND your planning!)

I keep listening to PREP FOR SURGERY Audio from iTunes and remind myself of people who have told me this is the "best thing they ever did."

And then, I want to throw up. Up, down, up, down. Please give me the knock out potion now!

We will make it. Think "Rocky". I have been singing that tune...

GOOD LUCK, hyster sister!
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:27 AM

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

You are not alone in your feelings. I'm right behind you on Tue and I could have written your post. My bernesse mountain dogs name is even Franklin!

This will all be behind us soon!

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2012, 10:55 AM

Tuesday here I come!!! Im ready I don't want anymore pain. I even had one last morning quickie with the hubby. I can't wait for that part of my life to be pain free and spontaneous!!!
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:49 AM

I'm right there with you, as mine is being done 2.3.12...Been cleaning like crazy to keep my mind off of things.
Unread 01-28-2012, 05:47 PM

Hehe, Franklin, I like it. I love my pillow pets. I have a full-sized dinosaur named Rexy and a peewee parrot named Poly. Poly is the perfect size to flatten out and put between my tummy & the seat belt in the car.

It sounds like you have everything ready, and that is most of the battle. Being organized and having somebody to help you, even if she isn't there the whole time, is a huge weight off of your shoulders.

Filtering posts right now is probably a good thing. I know I scared myself plenty with some of the stories that I've read. Keep in mind when you read a bad post-op story, there are dozens of good post-op stories that don't get shared. Somebody having a good experience probably doesn't need the support that somebody having a bad one does.

Recovery tip since you will be by yourself: One thing I found very helpful when nobody was around to help me get up out of bed was that the sheets were very firmly tucked into the foot of the bed. I could pull myself up with them into a sitting position and then go from there to get out of bed. The first few days, you may need that. I still do it from time to time, and I'm almost 2 weeks post-op now.

Best wishes for an event-free surgery and an awesome recovery!
Unread 01-28-2012, 05:59 PM

Or if you have a bed post at the end if the bed you can tie a sheet, rope or long towel to the end and use the other end to pull yourself up
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:08 PM

I actually slept on the couch for the first week because I found it much easier to get up from. I also felt more comfortable sleeping on my back (which I don't usually do) and on the couch you're can't turn or move easily so I slept better. For the first few days I slept in an upright position with pillows behind me and one over my tummy. Then when I got to the point of laying down flat, I put a pillow under my head and knees and kept another pillow over my tummy (which for some reason helped it feel better). I kept a kitchen chair next to the couch to help me pull myself up and I kept a book, glasses, the TV remote, my cellphone,a glass of water and my laptop there. I had the lamp within easy reach. If I couldn't sleep through the night for some reason, I could read, watch TV or go online without bothering anyone else.
I hope and pray that all of you ladies have an easy surgery and recovery!
Unread 01-29-2012, 03:32 AM

Tina, praying that all goes well and you have a restful recovery, you go well before me, I am scheduled for 3-16~ so I hope to hear back from you that you are recovering nicely. It is helping me by talking to people I know that had the same surgeons as mine and positive outcomes. Hopefully Monday you will meet others in the same boat as you on the road to recovery.
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:04 AM

Thanks girls. All the support has been overwhelming!! I know soon enough i will be on the road of recovery!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register