Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery? Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery?

Unread 01-30-2012, 06:14 AM
Re: Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery?

I am going in for a Da Vinci vaginal hysterectomy tomorrow. My doctor really hinted at the fact that even though my outter incisions will be better then an abdominal hysterectomy, the incisions on the inside are all the same. That a hysterectomy no matter how it is performed, the internal healing is all the same. He did not want me getting carried away with the fact that I am having a laproscopic vs abdominal..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2012, 07:02 PM

WOW thanks soooo much ladies! Looks like the surgery will be Feb 2,2012... My "return" date to work is March 19,2012... But they said it's just a date they used for temp disability. If I need more time they will give it. Now I'm starting to get nervous, lol, but it NEEDS to get done. Tired of IT just hanging around!
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:48 PM

I was hoping to go back to work at least part time after about two weeks. I have a desk job and really hope I can back to work sooner rather than later.
I am having a vaginal hysterectomy with a/p repairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2012, 08:49 PM

Hi- i am 5 days post TVH with A/P repairs and a bladder sling. My former uterus was prolapsed as well. I am off narcotics and down to an occasional
Dose of motrin and tylenol. I have basically been in bed on my heating pad since my one overnight stay in the hospital. The biggest issues are gas and constipation, which seems to be most peoples issues, but i am hoping that shall pass- pun intended
There is a pressure, bur not really pain anymore in my abdominal area. When i get up, i tire easily and then back down. Lots of peeing and it is hard to tell if my bladder is truly empty. But... I think each day has defintely gotten better... Take as much time off as you can!! I ran around like mad before, cleaning, shopping, cooking and trying to get everything organized to not do anything post op. i am ignoring the messes and hired aersona chef to cme and and make a weeks worth if organic food for me and my family... A luxury, but sooo nice!

Good luck and just breathe... It will come and go before you know it!
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:16 PM

Going in tomorrow, 2-2-21 @ 7:30am. I am soooo nervous it's not even funny. I'm so glad it's going to be so early this way I won't think about it too much. I know I will not sleep at al tonight so I guess I'll keep myself busy with little things.... Please wish me luck! Thanks. See you when I can focus a little more.
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:24 PM

I am sending luck, prayers and hugs to you blubberpenguin. yeah, you will prob. not sleep much tonight and you will find lots of little things to keep busy with - it's what we do!

Looking forward to hearing good news for you!!
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:56 PM

my friend had TVH done.she said it was extremely painful and she was off work for 8 weeks.my dr. said if i could've had this done recovery time would be just 2 weeks but my friend is no baby and if she said it hurt,then it hurt.
dont mean to make you scared just what she told me.
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:21 PM

I had Davinci LAVH on Friday. There was NO PAIN! I felt more pain the weeks leading up to surgery. I felt a little crampy the first nite, so a little discomfort, but pain level was 0 the next morning!! I have not needed pain meds since day 2 (and only needed ibuprofen-like meds). I am amazed at how great I feel! Good luck with your surgery!
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:34 PM

Had the Da Vinci TVH 1/31/12 and for me at least it is just some heavy gas pains in abdominal area and above my belly button. So far I do not notice any pains or pressure in my vaginal area.. Just a slight twinge here and there..
Unread 02-01-2012, 06:19 PM

Good luck blubberpenguin!! Please let me know how it went. I go in Feb. 14th!! I'm anxious to hear your experience.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register