Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery? Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery?

Unread 02-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Re: Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery?

Everyone is different. There's no reason for anyone to be in pain because there are medications that can help you through it. I took meds for a week and except for ibuprophen occasionally, I haven't needed anything since.

Please don't worry about your recovery, caring doctors and nurses are there to help you through your journey.

Hopefully you will discover that you will not need much more than lots of naps and good books and good conversations!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberpenguin View Post
Going in tomorrow, 2-2-21 @ 7:30am. I am soooo nervous it's not even funny. I'm so glad it's going to be so early this way I won't think about it too much. I know I will not sleep at al tonight so I guess I'll keep myself busy with little things.... Please wish me luck! Thanks. See you when I can focus a little more.
This is a huge well done and hope it all went went well. Good luck with your recovery and we're all here to assist in any way we can. Take great care of yourself and rest.
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:02 AM

Good luck today sister.. I have been on the other side post op almost 2 days and already feel better then I did this time yesterday morning.. Best wishes to you..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 08:58 AM

I am so anxious as well Reecola02. My TVH is scheduled for Feb 13th. Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences. Because as the date gets closer, the more nervous I get. I have fibroids that are causing me major problems. But I can't wait for this to be over.
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:45 AM

Waiting is the hardest part!! I actually planned a big girls dinner/ hotel/ massage overnight with some friends for the weekend before surgery. We called it Uteruckus The planning Took all my pre surgery anxiety and channeled it into party planning, which was a great distraction. And i got an immense amount of love and fun right before i knew i would really need it!

How about throwing yourself a little support gathering...it was a great anxiety reliever for me! And soooo much fun!
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:35 PM

LO!! that is a wonderful idea kimchi. I think I will give my girls a call. A few wanted to take me out to do a movie and dinner. But I like you idea better. Thanks
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:15 PM

We had a support circle where they each gave me something for a Gratitude Bowl-many seeds that represented the uterus, good luck buddhas, etc and then we had a FAB Indian meal out with cocktails, then danced at a bar to some New Orleans Funk, slept at the hotel in Japantown SF and had massages on sunday. That may or may NOT be your perfect Uteruckus but I felt I wanted to give my Uterus one last night out on the town, surrounded by friends, and connect with who I was, independent of being a wife with 3 small kids, to honor this HUGE life transition. It was really amazing...it was about really asking what I needed to DO pre surgery...what do YOU need to do pre surgery?
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:30 AM

That is beautiful Kimchi. I would love to do something like that. I have three grown sons. But for some reason I am starting to get emotional. I know that this has to be done. I have suffered for three years with extremely heavy bleeding lasting for three months. And the fibroid are very painful, and my uterus is enlarged. But I have this empty feeling inside, and I don't know where this is coming from. Maybe that is why I need this time to be with my girls and just have fun. Did you get emotional days before your surgery?
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:27 AM

Hi nerves44-
I was super emotional and anxious before surgery and thats why i decided to shift all that energy to party planning, so i actually looked forward to the weekend before surgery... Then. Really only had a few days of waiting and those were busy shopping, cleaning, and getting things ready to be able to
"check out". My husband is great, but my women friends really know how to give the emotional support i need...our night was BIG, so even though i planned it and organized it and we started the evening with a circle in my hotel room suite, it was a great fun night out for all- many if us moms of young kids who rarely get out. I kept joking that if i needed to get my uterus out to have a good enough excuse for us all to be able to get a 36 hr pass, than I would do it!! I think really creating the circle of support i knew i would need, for me, was huge. I know many women keep this to themselves beacuse of the nature of this, but I really didn't. Everyone in my community knows! Its been bery theraputic for me, but i think its about what best would supsport you and asking for it and creating it!
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:22 PM

Thanks Kimchi..
It's refreshing to know that someone else has gone through this and experienced the same thing. I thought I was loosing my mind. Thank you so much!! You have really helped me. And I too have expressed my situation with others. Some say that I should not put my business out like that. But for me, it helps me when I can get support from others who has or have not been through this. My husband has been a good support as well. But he doesn't understand it when I have my crying episodes. But that is what my friends are for. And they have really been there for me. I thank you again for all of your advise and words of encouragement. We are going to book a cabin and just be silly next weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register