Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery? Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery?

Unread 02-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Re: Vaginal hysterectomy...Feels like what after surgery?

The same here Breesy, I thought it would be real bad. But it wasn't. It's 10 days since my hysterectomy. I tried to move about too soon & started to hurt. So I decided right then & there I AM TAKING IT SLOW!!!! I feel great! Still a little "tender" The stitches below are irritating me but all in all doing great. I will see my doc on the 17th. Hope all looks good. Going to do more this coming week if I can. I do suggest that you do take very short walks if you can. Walking does help... I also put on a spandex type undies to hold the belly up. Good luck & keep posting on your recovery....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2012, 09:41 PM

I have a appointment for my 6 wks check up on the 27th and I may be able to go back to work the next day. I have to admit I'm more than alittle nervous about it... While I'm feeling pretty good, gas pain is ALOT better but I do still get it along with diarrhea from time to time. But what worries me most is the fact that I do lifting , pulling and walking and spend most of the time on my feet. Already I can tell when I overdo and I really don't do much other than shop...
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:01 AM

my problem w/ the 6 weeks checkup was where i kept ovaries was when dr. did his exam it didnt hurt when he felt of ovaries BUT when i left office i had unbearable pain.dr. said i healed quickly but i dont agree.sandra,if i was you and can stay off one more week past the MAGIC 6 weeks mark-do it!i really didnt feel really human until8 week mark and i SUPPOSEDLY healed fast.if your description of job is the lifting and pulling please take your time going back to work.i just simply pushed vacummn cleaner to living room and it tore vaginal muscle and it hurt really bad at week #7.that pain plus it hurt very bad to pee for almost 4 weeks!just giving you a word of caution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 10:00 PM

Thanks for the reply Christinatas. I lan on asking for 2 more weeks off.I have been trying to rest more and use heating pad as I feel very sore mayne around left ovary. Have been wondering if maybe I have a cyst? I swear it hurts more now than before! Granted I know I have been up walking alot and shopping but I try not to lift anything so I'm alittle concerned...
Unread 02-16-2012, 06:53 AM

is it hurting all the time?mine started hurting around the time of ovulation--mine never did this before surgery.i hope this goes away and not permanent
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:32 PM

I was wondering if it was because of ovulation myself but of course not knowing what to expect makes me nervous ots something else! I'm hoping thats all it is if it doesn't get better soon or if it gets worse I will try to get an earlier appointment! Or go to ER if I can't.
Unread 02-17-2012, 03:25 PM

Hi Ladies.. This is nerves44...Had my TVH on Feb 13. I was released from the hospital on Wednesday. Everything went well, just got sick from the anesthesia where I wasn't able to eat or drink anything for a couple of days. It was more painful then I anticipated, but I am doing well and sleeping a lot. I really want to thank all of you for your support and comforting words. Because I was a nervous wreck about being put to sleep. It's funny now because I don't remember anything. It is so weird, one minute you are talking to the nurse, and the next thing you are waking up in recovery. Thanks again ladies, I'm getting back in bed now.
Unread 02-17-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerves44 View Post
Hi Ladies.. This is nerves44...Had my TVH on Feb 13. I was released from the hospital on Wednesday. Everything went well, just got sick from the anesthesia where I wasn't able to eat or drink anything for a couple of days. It was more painful then I anticipated, but I am doing well and sleeping a lot. I really want to thank all of you for your support and comforting words. Because I was a nervous wreck about being put to sleep. It's funny now because I don't remember anything. It is so weird, one minute you are talking to the nurse, and the next thing you are waking up in recovery. Thanks again ladies, I'm getting back in bed now.
Hi Nerves44 - pleased to hear it went well, now just rest, don't overdue it and make sure you stick to 'nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks' motto. I am 10 weeks post op on Monday and feeling absolutely fantastic. I don't even feel that I've had major surgery, all the little tweaks along the way have disappeared and life is looking good. I am only still lifting max 10lbs until week 12lbs.

Hope your recovery continues well but please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help .
Unread 02-20-2012, 04:28 PM

Thanks Sue0103.. I have been sleeping a lot. I don't know if that is normal. Still not able to eat a lot. So I try to eat fruits and veggies. no bowel movement yet. still a lot of pain in the abdomen. when did your pain subside. and how long before your bowels moved. I also keep getting dizzy spells. i see my doctor next week for my two week follow up. because I have so many questions. But thanks for the invitaton, and I will certainly be contacting you. Glad to know things are going well for you.
Unread 02-21-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerves44 View Post
Thanks Sue0103.. I have been sleeping a lot. I don't know if that is normal. Still not able to eat a lot. So I try to eat fruits and veggies. no bowel movement yet. still a lot of pain in the abdomen. when did your pain subside. and how long before your bowels moved. I also keep getting dizzy spells. i see my doctor next week for my two week follow up. because I have so many questions. But thanks for the invitaton, and I will certainly be contacting you. Glad to know things are going well for you.
Hi Nerves44 - Sleeping is normal - it's your body's way of healing and you need the rest to let your body recover. If you do too much then you are taking a resource away from your healing. I wasn't hungry for a couple of weeks and only wanted eggs or toasted bread, I couldn't drink coffee but it did come back and then I had the munchies for a couple of weeks until I started regulating myself again. The pain in the abdomen can be gas and that seems to hurt more than the actual operation but it's because even the intestines have gone into shock. I also had dizzy spells and it was due to blood loss and I had to re-look at my blood pressure pills. With regards to BM, previous to the op it was terrible and I had constipation, bleeding etc due to the prolapse. I must say that I had a BM on day 3 and have had one every day since and I don't have to strain.
I suggest you write down all your concerns so that you have a list when you go to your check up. Everyone heals differently and at different times but it does seem you are following the same journey I did but it can worry you. This site is fantastic as there is support and you can ease your fears as we're all going through the same thing.
Take care and just write if you need a friendly chat.
Sue x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register