Surgery in two days....im scared! Asking for prayers. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in two days....im scared! Asking for prayers. Surgery in two days....im scared! Asking for prayers.

Unread 01-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Surgery in two days....im scared! Asking for prayers.

I am having surgery in two days , Jan 3. I am very nervous, scared and somewhat emotional. I am also excited to have it over, and to start feelung better. I have never had a major surgery and been put under. I have great family support, but noone that has ever been thru it. I am hoping the tumors test ok, snd no cancer is present. Just so much gping thru my mind. Thanks for all your prayers and support. I hope to update everyone after its over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2012, 06:49 AM
Re: Surgery in two days....im scared! Asking for prayers.

We are surgery buddies I am also scheduled for my DvH on Jan 31st.. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery..
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:02 AM

Best wishes to you. My surgery is the 9th, I am nervous as well...but I keep reminding myself that I have an awesome doctor and trying to keep faith that it will all be fine. I am sure you will feel so much better after surgery is over, I know I will be so relieved to be back home with my family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2012, 07:33 AM

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Lord, I lift up my sister. I pray you give her peace that surpasses all understanding! I thank you for the Drs you have put in our lives! Guide their hands as they perform our surgeries. Give them wisdom on how to interact with each person personally. You are in control Lord. And we trust you, as we lean on you in this scathe time before surgery.

In Jesus name, Amen!

Tina
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:53 AM

you will all do great, and I will be praying. Mine was Tue... and I am doing great.
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:50 AM

I'll keep you in my thoughts.
I'm sure things will go fine. Please keep us updated on how you feel after your surgery.
You are in my prayers.
Unread 01-29-2012, 10:07 AM

That was beautiful Tina Im crying again.. lol..
Unread 01-29-2012, 10:19 AM

Good luck to all of you.. I had my da vinci on jan 24.. and it went so well.. I only have 4 small incisions..it has been 5 days.. and all functions are goig well.. I ws really glad that I brought some throat lozenges.. and honey sucking candies with me to the hospital.. they were very helpful for me the first night.. my throat was so dry.. the chapstick and ice chips were good too.. and for me I did better with Percocet than morphine.. but everyone has different needs and reactions to drugs.. I was off pain meds by day 2.. and all I need now is an occasional tylenol..anything for gas is good too gas-x, tums, works for me...prunes were helpful too.. and lots of juice and fruit..
Good luck.. and before you know it .. you will be home...
Unread 01-29-2012, 10:27 AM

Keeping all of you in my prayers and sending wishes for peace and and easy recovery.
Unread 01-29-2012, 11:53 AM

I had my surgery on the 24th and what you are feeling is normal. I also was very emotional (ask the board . You will be just fine sweetie, take a deep breath. We are all here for you. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Good Luck and let us know how you do.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register