Date change?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Date change?? Date change??

Unread 01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Date change??

I have my surgery scheduled for July 11...when I am off work for the Summer....since my right ovary and endo and appendix being removed last July I have had worse periods than I have ever had. The back aches and cramps are horrible and the bleeding, constipation and bloating are extreme. Not to mention my mood swings, hot flashes and night sweats. Anyway, I had a period Jan 10....wasnt due again until Feb 6....got a very bad one starting on Jan. 24 and still going. I called my Dr. and he wants to see me Wednesday after work for an internal exam. I think I jinxed myself by counting down how many periods I had to go through before I was "done". I don't know if i should move the surgery up. I can't wait to see how THIS appt goes on Wed....I have been trying to investigate online what could be causing these things...so frustrating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Re: Date change??

Why do you have to wait so long? or is that when you wanted it to be scheduled?
I went in about a 2 months ago and my surgery is in March.
Unread 01-30-2012, 01:07 PM

I work for a school, so I have my Summer off. I scheduled it for then so I wouldn't have to miss and work and could take my time recovering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2012, 01:17 PM

That suxs. i did the same thing, i could have had mine last November but opted for February so I wouldnt mess up Christmas etc...I wish i had just gotten it done. i have found that my periods are super wonky. I used to be every 60 days - now its 28 days, 10 days, 35 days etc... and super heavy. I wish i hadnt waited.

Good luck at your appointment. I hope you can still have your surgery when you want to go
Unread 01-31-2012, 01:35 PM

:I work for a school and I'm sorry but I come first. I can't do my job properly if I'm not feeling great and missing time b/c I'm crampy, flowing heavy, sick to my stomch ect. I'm going to miss 3-4 weeks and they have to deal with it, cause in this game i'm #1 and I have to take care of #1 no one else will.

:banana

I'm counting down the days now. 43 to go.
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:14 AM

I understand where you're coming from, but I never miss work even when I am feeling like heck. I love my job and really don't want anyone else to do my job...an issue I have. I have my appt today at 4:00 and I will see what the doctor says...if he sees a reason that I need to do this sooner I will have no choice.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you!
Unread 02-01-2012, 12:26 PM

I haven't even had mine scheduled yet, (still waiting on some more testing) but I was hoping to put mine off until late summer. Then Flo came again for the second time in a month and she is trying to kill me! I have barely left my couch since. Now I'm rethinking waiting much longer.

I think we're so used to taking care of everyone else and when it comes to our own well-being, we just put it off.
Unread 02-01-2012, 12:37 PM

i think I may have jinxed myself as well. I just finished a week ago, I go for surgery on the 13th, and i swear my body is gearing up for another round. i do not want another period!!! i swear my uterus wants me to hate it
Unread 02-01-2012, 01:28 PM

I just had my second period for January end on Monday and I am feeling PMS symptoms yet again..ugh Sorry to hear that you are having the same. I was counting down after the first one in Jan..."only 5 more"...then bam! there it was again. The mood swings and bloating are killing me. Can't wait to see what THIS appt brings.....
Unread 02-01-2012, 03:23 PM

all day i have had sore boobs and all i want to do is sleep. both huge PMS symptoms for me. when flo is around i could sleep 24-7....I only have 12 days to go. if that hag pays a visit i will be super p.o'd

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register