Last Period! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-01-2002, 07:03 PM
Last Period!

This should be my last period before my surgery and boy am I glad! I have skipped the last two periods and was a bit concerned (thank you to those that posted encouraging notes). No need for concern .... I started a couple days early this time and wow .... pain around my right ovary worse than ever, heavy flow, cramping. A good reminder that I am doing the right thing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2002, 07:32 PM
Last Period!

Yes! it will be wonderful. But a word from the wise.. just about a week and a half after my surgery, I was about to wrap up all my pads to give away as a silly christmas gift when I flooded with blood from a hemotoma. It only lasted a day, and have had none since, but I was glad to have still had protection at home.

Good luck and great recovery!
Mindylou
Unread 01-01-2002, 11:35 PM
Last Period!

Hello there
I remember my last period, it was so wonderful knowing it would be my last.
I still have to buy pads etc. because I have 4 daughters but at least I don't have to wear them anymore. :jumping:
Take Care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2002, 06:54 AM
Last Period!

As per doctors orders I stopped my bcp and other meds 10 days before surgery and boy did my last period remind me!! I bled until today, it was a painful one (toradol for 4 days including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day while I was at work for all those) I brought Champagne in to work to celebrate Christmas and the last period. But I am still flooding now, only with that unkown clear liquid stuff (dont know a name for it so I nicknamed it fibroid-ade) Can hardly wait till Monday. Still soaking pads with this fibroid-ade (resembles urine or amniotic fluid but it is neither)
I have 2 daughters who will still be needing the products, however no more thick overnights!!! Just buy the regular pads for them.
Unread 01-02-2002, 06:58 AM
YIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I remember my last period. Of course I had when I went in for my surgery I was so worried about that ! The nurses were not. They said guess what when you wake up it will be gone! They were right I bled for 2 days lightly and then it was gone never ever to return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care and good luck with your surgery!

Unread 01-02-2002, 06:01 PM
just had my last period, too!

Yep, I just had my last one, too... I'm going in on Monday, Jan 7th for a tah. My dh & I went on vacation for the New Years and on the first day of vacation... I got my period!! But knowing that it was my last one, it didn't hurt as much!!!

Had a tampax burning party this afternoon!!!

Unread 01-02-2002, 07:20 PM
Awaiting my last last last!!!

and planning a flaming tampon party to celebrate!

I have a bottle of vintage Dom Perignon in the dark awaiting a special occasion and a last period is about as special as you can get!

awaiting to uncork and celebrate,
Carole
Unread 01-02-2002, 07:42 PM
No More ......."s

Sisters,
No more ............'s is the best
No more packen tampax....
No more stained panties....
No more embaressing strings hanging...
No more leaks.....
No more peaks...
No more worries...
No more hamicks for my monkey.............

Rena
Unread 01-02-2002, 07:55 PM
mj64-Fibroaide

This is the first posting I've read that talked about a pre-surgery discharge due to fibroids. I thought my bladder was being pressured from the enlarged uterus. I too have to wear a pad all the time. Sometimes I feel the leaking-just didn't know what it was. Any other fibroid ladies have this problem????
Unread 01-03-2002, 05:47 AM
Last Period!

wow! I don't have fibroids, but I have that flowing discharge you speak of and never thought about it. Its like wetting myself and its clearish but with a slight tint, but oh boy does it flow

Anyone know what this is?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register