Last Period! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-03-2002, 05:47 AM
Last Period!

I started a thread on that a couple weeks ago asking the same question, I think it was "flooding that isnt blood" and was relieved at the amount of people who came forward with the same problem. It's painless and all, but VERY annoying!!
And mine has been non-stop since the last period. I wish I knew if there was a name for it instead of nicknaming it "fibroid-ade"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2002, 06:35 AM
Last Period!

I had it too, for about a year before my surgery. It forced me to wear either a pad or a tampon all the time. I thought it was just urine leakage at first from the fibroids pressing on my bladder, or am infection of some kind. My DR told me that my fibroids had gotten so huge that they were beginning to break down from a compromiused blood supply and the discharge was related to that. He also told me that my cervix and vagina were quite irritated from the constant use of a tampon, but I couldn't stand to wear a pad 24 hrs a day. The constant discharge was actually a blessing in disguise because I was so tired of dealing with it that I decided to go forward with the hysterectomy.

This was one of the factors that helped me to decide to have my cervix removed. I was hesitant to let my cervix go because I'd heard all about the possibility of the loss of pelvic support and the loss of some degree of sexual pleasure. But I was much more afraid that an irritated cervix might turn into a cancerous cervix somewhere down the road.

Since I've had the surgery, the discharge is gone and my pelvic support is actually better than it was before. The huge fibroids pressing on my bladder caused some stress incontinence when I coughed or sneezed, but that is now all gone. My pelvic muscles are not stressed anymore by the enlarged uterus and have moved everything back where it belongs. I also don't have to go to the bathroom every hour or so anymore. I never realized that had become a problem until I didn't have it anymore! I can now sit through a long movie, a concert, or just sleep through the night with no potty trips. And my undies are now dry as a bone and there's no discharge of any kind. <g>

I haven't had intercourse yet, but I have had the Big O, thanks to my DH, and there's absolutely no difference at all in the feeling. I was pretty curious and the DH helped me check out the new equipment! YeeHaw! He seems quite pleased, too, at the possibilities without the fibroids, messy periods, and pain getting in the way. <gggg>

Arebella
(who took the new equipment for a "test" drive!)
Unread 01-03-2002, 07:49 AM
Last Period!

I too just ended my last period! Wow! it is so wierd thinking I will never have to deal with that again

I ama bit nervous, i go in tomorrow for a TAH. But, after reading all that i have on the post, I am ready and a bit excited for the prospect of feeling so much better than I have for the past 2 years.

Thanks to all for all the sharing you give!

Lizzie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register