Fever 1 week post-op? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fever 1 week post-op? Fever 1 week post-op?

Unread 02-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Re: Fever 1 week post-op?

Doodleowner55, they found three sorts of bacteria once the cultures developed form the fluid the Dr removed from my pelvis. Turns out they were not life threatening at all so in essence my Dr. was too quick in making me go thru the second surgery and the 4 day hospital stay but I have no ill feelings because he did everything he knew of to make sure I was on the antibiotics right away just in case. You are very blessed that your Dr is taking precaution with you without the extreme way my Dr did it. Let us know how the urine and blood analysis turns out, and please do take your Bactum just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2012, 10:51 AM

Maybe I"m like daydreamblevr and just have fever with no infection. I have not had a fever today.[/quote]

I am sorry, I should have said that they did put me on antibiotics. I had to call the office on a weekend because my 7th day was a Friday. My fever showed up like clock work every afternoon and lasted until bed time. Anyway my doctor sent off for a culture and put me on the antibiotic. I did not respond to the antibiotic and then the following Tuesday the culture came back negative so he told me to stop taking it. It won't hurt you to take the antibiotic even if you do not have an infection, but its best to take it just in case you do have one. Hope you feel better!
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:47 PM

On post-op day 4, I started to get really chilly and shortly after that I got a fever and started vomiting. It went on for the entire day. By evening time I started to have a bright red blood discharge and went straight to emerg. They started giving me antibiotics immediately thur an IV and took quite a bit blood to determine which type of infection I have. Today I am post-op day 6 and feeling much better. The antibiotics are working really well for me. They think its a UTI, but I won't know for sure until Friday. Have any of you experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 08:47 AM

Tuckles, YES I had the same thing happen with me. It was day 8 & 9 where I had chills that wouldn't stop no matter how warm the house was. I finally took my temp and it was 101.7 so on Monday day 10 I called the Dr. He had me go in for a urine test but referred me to a CT Scan of my pelvis since I also had pain down there. Next thing I know I am in the hospt'l with an IV for strong antibiotics. I am frustrated that he didn't wait for my urine test before sending me to the hospt'l but the CT Scan showed a shadow on my pelvis floor which he was afraid could be infection and wanted me treated. I was in the hospt'l for 4 days. Long story short I had a mild infection inside and am OK today. I am glad your Dr is treating you just in case and didn't go all wacko and sent you back to hospt'l. I hope you have a simple UTI which u are being treated for if anything at all . Hang in there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register