Full hyster on Friday aged 76 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Full hyster on Friday aged 76 Full hyster on Friday aged 76

Unread 01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Full hyster on Friday aged 76

I am to have myfull hyster on Friday aged 76 no real options as I have endometrial cancer not that I mind as I can't breed again and adore my only child and two adopted( 6 grandkids) had great difficulty conceiving and had to have a Caesarian so I feel all those useless organs are best gone 20 years I finished menopause my doc thinks the ovaries gave up the ghost many years ago cancer is a nasty surprise however if I was a brood mare I would have shot me long ago!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Re: Full hyster on Friday aged 76

you have such a positive outlook - i like that it makes me feel good. Good luck with your surgery friday
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:17 AM

Good thing you're not a brood mare!

I hope you have some post surgery help lined up for a week or 2. Best Wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2012, 02:46 PM

Full support from dh we are retired and daughter is filling the freezer
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLila View Post
Good thing you're not a brood mare!

I hope you have some post surgery help lined up for a week or 2. Best Wishes!
Yes I have dh2 daughters and housekeeping and nursing teams at the retirement village in which I live so I will be just fine thank you sister
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Elderkiwi-Bless you, hon! Isn't it a pain to get older and go through all these old lady things? I am a breast cancer survivor, but had to do the Hyst because of bleeding and prolapse. I am 10 months out from my surgeries, and I feel pretty darn good for 60 years old! And I plan on having lots of years ahead of me to enjoy my new lease on life! Oh my goodness, I just realised tomorrow is Friday! Best wishes to you on your surgery and recovery. Please let us know how well you are doing!
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderkiwi View Post
I am to have myfull hyster on Friday aged 76 no real options as I have endometrial cancer not that I mind as I can't breed again and adore my only child and two adopted( 6 grandkids) had great difficulty conceiving and had to have a Caesarian so I feel all those useless organs are best gone 20 years I finished menopause my doc thinks the ovaries gave up the ghost many years ago cancer is a nasty surprise however if I was a brood mare I would have shot me long ago!!
I hope you are recovering at home and letting your husband and family help you. I had a c-section as well but this is different. Recovery is much slower so we need to be patient and accept help whenever it is offered. You are the same age as my mom and she might have cancer as well. I was searching this website for other women her age that mightve gone through this as well. I wish you much success in your recovery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register