One week from tonight.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week from tonight.... One week from tonight....

Unread 01-31-2012, 12:46 PM
One week from tonight....

...I will be recovering comfortably (I'm trying to be positive) and picking my way through a box of Belgian chocolate as I wander around in my head in a morphine fog.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Re: One week from tonight....

You and me both! I haven't been sleeping well, and the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the forced nap during surgery. How sad is that?!
Unread 01-31-2012, 01:51 PM

Ha! No sadder than me looking forward to getting high on morphine. (I'm a recovering alcoholic - 19 years sober - so this is like a "free pass" to use, however brief.)

--Fish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreBC View Post
You and me both! I haven't been sleeping well, and the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the forced nap during surgery. How sad is that?!

that is what i am looking forward to. DH went to the pharmacy today and explained the whole situation and then got a mild OTC sleep aid to help me out. I have not been sleeping more than 2 hrs a night. both from pain and anxiety. i have 2 little ones at home so being as stoned as i would like just isnt an option. so surgical sleep here I come.
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:48 PM

I took a muscle relaxer with my usual evening pills the other night and slept like a dream. Last night, not so much. I'm starting to panic a little bit. OK more than a little bit. In addition to the hysterectomy/oopherectomy, I'm having my tissue expanders swapped out for my implants. (I'm a breast cancer survivor - the breast cancer diagnosis is what prompted the need for the hysterectomy etc.). I'm starting to feel like cancer has taken everything from me that made me a woman. I'm not looking forward to the pain, and to yet another recovery time. I need someone to talk me down from the ledge!
Unread 02-02-2012, 03:14 PM

Nomore: are you having reconstructive surgery AND hyst at the same time? I send you many hugs. I have no experience with breast cancer and don't know what it would feel like to remove that visible confirmation of your womanhood. I will say that having my girl guts removed renders me no less a woman than I've always been! If nothing else, my BRAIN will always be 100% female!!

And don't forget the clitoris!! She'll ALWAYS be there to remind you!!

Hang in there!
--Pam
Unread 02-02-2012, 03:24 PM

Yep. The Doctor's thought it would be best if I could do it all under one anesthesia. Funny, both doctors are male.... HA!

The logical side of me says RELAX, this will all be fine. But I've always maintained the worst fear (for me anyway) is fear of the unknown. I've never had fake boobs before. I've never had abdominal surgery. I have some sort of idea how my chest will feel based on the last two surgeries I've had. But then throw in the added bonus of losing my girl guts (great term!)...see there I go again, getting all worked up. I need to turn my focus to cleaning my house and doing laundry this weekend to keep my mind off the unknown.

And for what it's worth, I bought some Belgian chocolate last night thinking it would taste good post surgery. HA my dear husband and I devoured it all already. Oops.
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:01 PM

lol!! I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't adore Belgian chocolate.

You know what I LOVE? Russell Stover. I want to MARRY Russell Stover. A friend sent me a box and they are sitting in the back of the car so I won't eat them before I come home from the hospital!!! (Out of sight, out of mind...riiiight.)

One man up, one man down, new boobs and no period. I don't know, honey - this sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

(Seriously - I'm just trying to lighten your load...I know it's a very big deal...be good to yourself!)

Hugs -
Pam
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:45 PM

Bless you for making me smile! Thanks Pam. I'll be thinking of you on the 7th!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register