im in shock | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-01-2012, 02:17 PM
im in shock

Doctor walks in and tells me you have alot of stuff going on down there .i have fibroids enclosing my uterous ,a pylop,and a fluid filled tube.i thought i had a cyst .they told me my ovaries are the only viable part left .scared
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Re: im in shock

Me, too. I am scared and shocked. We can go through this together.

I am determined to educated myself as much as possible. I am very thankful for this site. It is so nice to meet others that have gone before us...they are quite wise (and very straightforward and honest).

Best wishes,
Lynna
Unread 02-01-2012, 03:11 PM

i was shocked at first with my diagnosis. But after it wore off and i thought about it, i was thinking about how nice it was to know why I had all these problems. Educate yourself, ask questions and come in here to get support

**HUGS**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2012, 04:34 PM

I love this site too, can use all the support i can get .and info glad to have other people going through the same things i am to talk to
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:07 PM

I'm new to this site also. I had 3 polyps removed in December. Two days before Christmas, the doctor told me I have to have a hysterectomy. I'm waiting to be scheduled for surgery this month and am very scared.

Glad to hear I'm not alone in this.
Unread 02-01-2012, 06:47 PM

I loved my DR. She made me feel comfortable and got me through my first two surgeries-thyroidectomy and cervical fusion(bone graft/plate and screws). I went religiously for my annuals and never had a bad pap. We discussed my periods; how awful they were. She put me on iron and BC and essentially patted my hand as if to say "we all have to deal with this". After I married and moved, I started with a new DR. It was rough but I liked her. I told her about my evil periods. She referred me to the gyno. At my first exam, he was appalled at my enlarged uterus. He explained that my uterus should lay behind my pubic bone. Mine was up to my belly button. Long story...US showed multiple large fibroids, cysts and polyps. I was so angry that I had to suffer for so long; thinking I was just a wimp. I thought all women were like me and that I just couldn't handle it. Thank God for the hyster. My uterus weighed 11.6lbs!! I feel absolutely glorious now, soooo good. Talk about shock....
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:20 PM

Welcome ladies who are new to Hystersisters. It is very scary when we're first told we need this surgery. I was devastated by the news and tried everything to avoid it. Educate yourselves, be informed, make a list of questions for your doctor. Even consider a second opinion if you're not sure this is the right path for you. And please come here with all your questions (no matter how personal) or if you need to cry or vent. We have all been where you are now and we are here to support you through this. Hugs to you.
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:31 PM

I am so glad to have found this wonderful group of women. I definitely understand the feeling of shock. I went in for a routine exam, and while I've been experiencing some issues, I really thought my doctor was going to say everything was for the most part normal and all I've been experiencing, (pain, bleeding after menopause, the feeling of sitting on a ball, etc.) was part of the aging process. I fully expected him to prescribe some topical cream or something.

I was horrified when he told me of my diagnosis. I was in total shock as well. I am now, two weeks later, accepting it, and realizing that no matter how much I panic or worry, I am still going to have to go through the abdominal hysterectomy. I am confident it will improve my quality of life, and I will just have to be strong through the pain, down time, and recovery process.

I am getting my "recovery room" ready with all the things I will need, want, and things that will make me happy and comfortable. I am gearing up to let many things go by the wayside while I focus on my recovery. This will be very hard for me because I like to keep my house clean and my husband and kids will not be much help in this area, I just know it. Oh well...It is what it is and hopefully by mid April I will be for the most part back to normal.

I still feel really weird about the "hollow" that will be left where my womb is now. I just can't imagine...It is really affecting my feelings about myself. It makes me feel really sad and completely NOT sexy - Although, with my diagnosis, I feel totally NOT sexy as well. EIther way, it's not what I wanted for myself. But it is what it is. I will get through it somehow. I just was not prepared for this and just to think three weeks ago, I was just happily going along, not having a clue what I was going to face just a few weeks later.

All the best to all of you wonderful girls.

GiGi
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:15 PM

Hi GiGi I totally get what you mean about the hollow feeling... I'm still working through my feelings about myself since my surgery. Our reproductive organs are so tied to our femininity and sexuality and is so much a part of who we are. It can be a hard adjustment to make. One of my first thoughts when I woke in the hospital was "I don't feel any different". I somehow expected to feel like a different person when I woke up... But I'm still me and you will still be you, just a healthier you. :-)
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:46 PM

Ladies- I know exactly what you are going through. I just had my davinci total hyster on Tuesday. I was heartbroken at the thought of losing my uterus and cervix but even with the gas pain, not having the horrible cramps or non stop right thigh pain tells me I did the right thing. Lean in your fellow sisters and we will all make it through this

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register