Scheduled LAVH Help! I need somebody | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help! I need somebody Help! I need somebody

Unread 02-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Help! I need somebody

Hi i am off to have my lavh on Friday and I am so stressed.Instead of being able to be calm I am overwhelmed.I have got a serious case of the blues.Sorry, just needed to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Re: Help! I need somebody

you are not alone, everyone here was scared when it comes right down to the actual day of surgery. For me i was singing songs in my head, i can remember jingle bells it was before xmas, the personel were really good, made me calm along with the drug they give yo to keep you calm lol but for the wholel week before i couldnt concentrate and i was terrified the day of, so i usually sing when i am that scared in my head that is cause i would scare them away lol..i am sending you calm warm thoughts and hugs....you are not alone and we will see you on the other side
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:13 PM

I was the same way before my surgery. It will be over very soon. I am 3 weeks and 1 day post op, and already feel 150% better than I did before the surgery!! Hang in there! Prayers for you now, and your upcoming surgery with recovery!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 02:03 AM

I was so terrified I was shaking the day of. The night before I kept saying "blah I don't want to do this!" I kept saying that right up to the versed. I am 4 weeks after my LAVH today and so far life on this side has not been too bad. I can tell you on this side I feel like a giant anvil was pulled off my chest. I won't lie, I've had a few times on this side that have not been easy, but so far those have been far and few and get further everyday.
Unread 02-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Help! I need somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan C View Post
I was the same way before my surgery. It will be over very soon. I am 3 weeks and 1 day post op, and already feel 150% better than I did before the surgery!! Hang in there! Prayers for you now, and your upcoming surgery with recovery!!
Thanks Susan C and everyone else,It feels so good to know you all understand,I hope I feel much better after as well.Thank you for the encouragement.I will let you all know how it goes.
Unread 02-02-2012, 07:47 AM

I will keep you in my thoughts as your big day nears -- I am 2 weeks pre-op and so nervous as well. I have no words of wisdom at this point since I am not there yet, but the words of all these kind women is so reassuring! Good LUCK!
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:07 AM

Rene ,
You will do fine and you have prayers coming your way from me as well.

When I was going in for my hip replacement surgery, I remember praying for my surgeion that he would be sharp and to bless his hands and mind with the skills they were trained with." and asked that my mom to come and be with me and that helped keep me calm. (my mom passed almost a year before my surgery)

I'm just counting down the day (41) till my surgery b/c I'm just over all the crap that I'm feeling and dealing with.

Prayers and ((((hugs))))
Carol
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:47 AM

Just had my hysterectomy on Monday 1/30/12 went in that morning a nervous wreck. In surgery for 4 1/2 hours I had lots of scar tissue the procedure did go from LVAH to a TAH. Today is day 4 still in pain I wish I was able to say it was not that bad I think my part is just the incision that is hurting me.
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:56 AM

I know how you feel, my surgery is tomorrow as well!
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:51 PM

Good luck! My surgery is two weeks away and I'm nervous already.
Sending positive vibes your way!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register