Scheduled LAVH Help! I need somebody - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help! I need somebody Help! I need somebody

Unread 02-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Re: Help! I need somebody

Good luck tomorrow, Renee!! you'll be fine!

I called my Dr. today due to pre-op doubts and concerns and fear - he said "I'd be worried if you DIDN'T have fear - it's completely normal and I've never had a patient who didn't feel some fear. That's why we give you pre-op meds - to calm you down!"

Let us know how it went...my turn on Tuesday.

Hugs -
Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 03:15 PM

Mine is next week and I am starting to freak out a little.. I know it's what I need and I will be better after but it is really starting to set in.. Sending prayers your way!!
Unread 02-02-2012, 03:23 PM

I just heard from the hospital that my surgery is at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow morning and they want me there at 5:30! What the heck will they do for 2 hours???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 03:26 PM

11 days to go for me. most days i am a stressed out wreck. but then i have days like today when i lay here in pain putting on movies for my kids so they wont destroy the house. when all they really want to do is go and play.
Unread 02-02-2012, 03:30 PM

I think it is natural to have second thoughts.. I am 3 weeks and 1 day since my LAVH, I have had an easy recovery and have been back to work for almost 2 weeks now. Every one I talked to before my surgery told me that it is worth it and I have to agree.
Unread 02-02-2012, 03:34 PM

I am right there with you : ) Mine is tomorrow and they pushed my arrival back to 10;30 which means surgery probably isn't until 12:30 ; ( I was so bummed because I am sick of worrying and want to get in there and take care of business :- )
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:08 PM

All I know is when I had my gall bladder out. They had me do all my paperwork, sign releases, etc. then the put me in a big recliner and IV'd me and pumped the most wonderful calming drug into me, as well as monitored my BP. I fell right to sleep after being so hopped up the night before (I know - that was a little more minor, but I was still scared.) before I knew it, I was on a gurney headed for the OR. Those pre-op drugs were FAB.
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:12 PM

I will tell you the exchange I had with the pre-op nurse. I told him physically I am ready for this, mentally there is a little guy running around in my head on fire flailing his arms.....the nurse without skipping a beat said "and we are gonna chemically restrain that guy." I will tell you they did an awesome job at that too!!
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:27 PM

I've had a couple of other surgeries and the pre-op people are the best. They know what to do to calm you right down. I actually wish I had some of that valium right now : )
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:48 PM

I thought it was odd to have to arrive two hours before surgery but the times passes pretty fast. You will need to change into a hospital gown then they check all your info, then you chat with your doc, the anesthesia people and nurse(s). They will install an IV which is good because that is when they can give you meds!!

I had to be there at 10:30 for a 12:30 surgery and they ended up bringing me in at 11:55 (yeah, I know, ooo way earlier!! lol) but it was still nice.

I know it is totally stressful pre-op but hang in there and you will soon be on the mend. I also prayed for my surgeon, asking God to guide her to a safe and successful surgery....

Sending prayers and hugs.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register