Is this rude?/hearts breaking | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is this rude?/hearts breaking Is this rude?/hearts breaking

Unread 02-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Is this rude?/hearts breaking

1st part ig my ? is. I sleep with a sound machine iwhite noise ttpe constant rain no noticible loops. insurance mandates privateroom so is it rude to that it? i woulkd get a much better nights sleep being able to buff out all thouse odd noises for 3 days. whats your opinion.

2nd we were told today by second surgeon absolutley no lifting for 6 weeks. he made it very clear NO lifting. he said after a few weeks the kids could set on my life if they could b still. I think my D yr old will b ok wa this but not my 18 month old. I feel like my heart is breaking that i canMt lift here for yhat long. :'(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Re: Is this rude?/hearts breaking

The hospital I was in supplied a white noise machine so I don't think it would be rude.

No lifting anything over 10 lbs or whatever your dr. says. The kiddos need to snuggle next to you for a while and not be picked up by you. Even having them in your lap can hurt. It is very important that you not strain yourself so you can heal properly.
Unread 02-02-2012, 07:58 AM

I would think that your rain machine would be fine. Take it and if they have a problem with it they will let you know, but if not you have your comfort with you!

Remember that when this is all over you will be able to hold your children all the time. You are doing this for you but it will make you a better mother in the end if you are not in pain! It won't be easy but none of what we are going through is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 09:04 AM

Per the lifting restrictions - it is hard! Once you feel a little better, you just want to pick them up. BUT, DON'T PICK THEM UP!!!! DO NOT!!! Even holding my son on my lap after 1.5-2 weeks (away from my belly but using my arms/upper body) hurt my belly. This time of healing is not just for you ... It is for your family too. You don't want to delay/prolong your healing (and their process)! Follow your dr's orders so you can get back to mom business. 6 weeks is actually not that long in the grand scheme of things. Be strong!
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:24 AM

Thank you ladies for responding!! I was up way late upset so I got on the site from my phone. I see now I made a ton of typo's (nonsmart phone here lol). So glad you guys could muddle through that!!

I have to have a semiprivate room (i think you guys all caught that typo lol). So is it always 6 weeks? I wasn't sure bc the ob/gyn said I could in two to three weeks (tah/bso) but the general surgeon who is removing the mass from my muscle & repairing it was adament no lifting at all for 6 weeks or I could rip the muscle & tendon repair back apart. I was taken aback since I had already been told the other.

I feel awful now but turned on the radio & danced with her today. Enjoyed it, then she took a massive dump....& I thought...hummm maybe there is a silver lining. Hubby will have to do this job for awhile osince she tries to run off & its quite a workout getting them changed lol).

Thanks again ladies! I'm taking my machine, I guess I can just ask the roommate, or turn it on & if they ask me to turn it off do so.
Unread 02-02-2012, 01:55 PM

I'm right there with you. My daughter is 2 in march. She is mommy's girl. My snugglebug. my baby. She is going to really hate not being right on top of me.
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:23 PM

Even if you cant use your sound machine, you eill probably sleep alot. I need total darkness and quiet to sleep. But after surgery i started to fall asleep eating my lunch. Two bites in and i was fading fast! I packed so much and really used none of it. You probably wont even notice.
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:35 PM

Trust me, the sound machine is nothing compared to all the really loud noise going on outside your room, and sometimes inside! I had an elderly roomate who talked all the time as did her visitors. After they all left I was so happy to settle in for the night. OH NO!! My roomate talked in her sleep all night in complete sentences! And she was even answering herself! I had my husband bring me earplugs which helped until I was startled awake by a nurse standing over me perplexed because she couldn't get me awake! LOL! I am now so very sorry I didn't think of a white noise machine! Sounds like a winner to me! Good Luck with your surgery, and definately no lifting for those 6 weeks! Let yourself heal.
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:45 PM

Definitely no lifting for the full six weeks or longer, depending on when doctor clears you. I was cleared at 8 weeks but still didn't feel well enough to lift things for longer than that. Children adapt. It's not worth popping your stitches or tearing your vaginal cuff and needing repair surgery.
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:47 PM

I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow, and I have a 2 year old grandson and believe me, I know how you feel about wanting to hold them...DO NOT!!! I just give him tons more hugs and kisses because I can't pick him up and put him in the chair with me. Let yourself heal properly!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register