LSH sched. fast ~ what do I need to know? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH sched. fast ~ what do I need to know? LSH sched. fast ~ what do I need to know?

Unread 02-02-2012, 07:15 AM
LSH sched. fast ~ what do I need to know?

I made the call yesterday to schedule my LSH and they can get me in in 2 weeks! Yikes but Yeah! I am so nervous and terrified but also excited and hopeful!

Any tips and tricks I need to know to get me through?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Re: LSH sched. fast ~ what do I need to know?

Hi Nacaj

There is a wealth of information here from women sharing their experiences that you are sure to benefit from. We are all a little different in our medical histories, reasons for hysterectomy, surgical strategies and techniques, and healing processes, so it's hard to say exactly what to expect.

One thing that would have helped me is keeping a written list of questions I had so that I could remember to ask them. Some women have preop appointments scheduled days before surgery, some don't. If you have one, then that's a great place to bring your questions. If you don't, you should still be able to call someone to get your questions answered before surgery.

This is a big deal, a major life event, so I think it's great that you're here with us to share. I know I was a crazy, mixed-up mess before mine; I didn't have much time to prepare, either, and I sure was scared too.

Try to B R E A T H E and get some calm, take one little thing at a time so you don't feel overwhelmed on top of everything else.

Keep reading in the Pre Op forum; you'll see lots of similarities and a few differences, too, that you can pick up for your planning and expectations.

Best,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register