One month post op, how do you feel? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One month post op, how do you feel? One month post op, how do you feel?

Unread 02-02-2012, 01:47 PM
One month post op, how do you feel?

I know I asked yesterday about one week, but now my surgery is actually on the books for 2 weeks from now, so now my relevant question is how did you feel one MONTH after?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Re: One month post op, how do you feel?

I'll be 3 weeks post-op tomorrow, so I'm not exactly answering your question. However, at 3 weeks, I'm tiiiiired and I have a general dull ache in my lower abdomen. I attribute this to (probably) too much driving. I'm doing a fair amount kid-taxiing. When I don't have to drive, I just sit around and relax as much as possible.
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:26 PM

One thing I have learned for sure is that there is no one way that women feel after this procedure. Every experience is unique. There is an average recovery expectation, but you cannot predict how it will go with you. I am one month post op today. I have back pain today and an achy soreness in front. Mentally and emotionally, I feel better than I have for years. I have lost nine pounds and look years younger, according to other people. I do get frustrated because I feel like I should be well. My follow up is today, so we'll see what he says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 03:47 PM

Ditto what Daisy Chick said. I don't feel bad as long as I'm not doing too much. If I do too much, I get swelling and achiness in my abdomen. Emotionally I feel better than I have in years. On the other hand, I've only driven 3 times and only left the house 4 times in a month and have no kids at home, so have pretty much been able to rest as much as i want. Of course, I had a TAH, so your experience may be different but at 4 weeks I'm not anywhere near ready to go back to work or resume my other daily activities. Technically, I could probably do it but it wouldn't feel good at all.
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:35 PM

After my surgery, I was pretty wiped out at one month. I ended up in the hospital due to an infection. I had returned to work one week before and then got really sick. So here is my advice for recovery. DO NOT rush your recovery. You have one time to do this. I will always regret pushing it that much.
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:42 PM

thanks girls for your help.
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:28 PM

I am 2 days shy of being four weeks post-op. I feel really good. For the last two days I have felt so very close to normal. That is, I am not getting so tired as easily, not having the vaginal pain and pressure, swelly belly going away, etc. I stil have a discharge requiring me to wear a pantiliner daily.
I go back to work in 2 weeks and if the last two days are a predictor, I will be ready.
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:11 AM

I'm 12 weeks out tomorrow (or today depending on time zone )

At one month, I felt great! Still had some twinges of pain and was frequently tired, but compared to my post surgery self I was feeling so much better. I did follow my post-op instructions very carefully and took it easy no matter how bored I got. It was worth it.

3 months out and I have no complaints, no regrets. Every day is better than the last.

Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register