Uterine biopsy questions--had one today--complicated and painful - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterine biopsy questions--had one today--complicated and painful Uterine biopsy questions--had one today--complicated and painful

Unread 02-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Re: Uterine biopsy questions--had one today--complicated and painful

Thank you, Smik. I hope the worst part is over........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 10:13 PM

Oh, they hurt very bad! I have gotten one every year for the last 6 years. I have never had children and I understand that makes it more challenging. I have never had anything for the pain. It is the longest minute of my life! The last time I felt like I was going to pass out from the pain and then I felt so nauseated for the rest of the day.

No pinch for me! Ouch!
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:30 AM

I think for the biopsies everyone has a different response, grabbing my cervix wasn't too bad, putting the brush in was mildly crampy. The Dr kept saying "I'm so sorry about the pain" I was thinking "this isn't so bad" then they decided they needed more tissue and went again. That second time hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 12:32 AM

Yikes, hit submit to fast. Also keep in mind with pain medications, sometimes the meds or delivering them can hurt more then the procedure itself.
Unread 02-03-2012, 11:34 AM

pnk: I had 2 children, natural births without an eipdural, and this hurt more, although it was only a few minutes. You'll be fine when/if you have babies!
italy: I'm nearly immune to pain. I was shot in the eye (lost the eye) and had over 30 surgeries. This hurt more. I would have at least taken a Xanex or something had I known....... Glad your experience wasn't barbaric!!
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:14 PM

Sorry you had to endure that. A friend of mine had complained about her endometrial biopsy. Said she was traumatized by it - it was that painful. So, when my doc suggested just doing it in the office, I told him, "NO WAY! I want to be OUT!" He said, "Most patients of mine..." And I interrupted him and said, "No. You are knocking me out." So, I had to schedule it and was under conscious sedation for the biopsy. Later my Dad's wife told me she had one done and it felt like someone was ripping out her insides. You'd think that they'd just make it standard procedure to keep people comfortable.
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:25 PM

spunkyd: YES, I felt/feel traumatized, and that's saying a lot for me..... I've gone thru horrendous accidents, surgeries, even rape, and this was right up there with them! Even the doctor (I don't even know if she was a doctor, btw----my doctor was too busy to do it) said, "You'll feel crampy from this 'assault'". I thought it was a weird word, but that's exactly how I felt!!
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:14 PM

I had the uterine biopsy two days ago, and yea..just gotta say that was not the most pleasant experience. I had no numbing or medication (a valium might have helped) so thankfully the procedure was fairly quick and my Dr. informed me that it was worse then a pap so I was sort of prepared. I hope you are feeling better.
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:30 PM

Thank you, freedom. I'm guessing they got right thru your cervix to your uterus without having to dialate?? I'm so angry that I didn't know anything about that possibility beforehand. I feel like I was raped (and I know what that feels like, unfortunately).........
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:56 AM

So sorry you had to go through that! It certainly can be traumatic. My doctor tried to do a biopsy on me in the office - nothing for pain, no blocks. He tried three times. I am "good" with pain, but I thought I'd go through the roof! He finally gave up and scheduled the biopsy for the hospital, and I had it done under general anesthesia on Feb. 6th. MUCH better experience. When will doctors stop this barberic in-office procedure? Women shoulden't tolerate it. I will be giving my doctor feedback.

Kate

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register