New dose needed? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New dose needed? New dose needed?

Unread 02-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Re: New dose needed?

What's estrogel? I'm not familiar I guess. Doc said I should get results by Monday, so it's not too long to wait. Have you thought about taking a pill? When I was on he 0.9mg, I crashed at around 3:30 or 4pm, when my honey gets home from work! Lol no, but seriously...I have not crashed once since being on the higher dose. I bet the method has a lot to do with it, how it metabolizes and all. Some swear by the patch. I had taken birth control for years before my last 2 babies and take my vitamins every night before bed anyways, so the pill makes most sense to me. But it might be necessary to try something different all together. My mom had her hysterectomy 10 yrs ago and has been on Premarin ever sense. I was on the patch right out of surgery, but when he needed to increase, which he did once a week if needed, I just went to the pill. I hope you figure it out. I prayed for normalness and so far am happy again! I'll say a prayer for you! You deserve to feel great again, girl!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 08:06 AM

Estrogel is a gel I rub on my arms. Right now I get one pump a day. I am going to ask my doctor about 2 pumps, I want to try one in the morning and one in the evening. I think I will get a steady stream then. One thing I have noticed since this surgery I feel overwhelmed much easier then before. Of course its pretty crazy right now. I work 4 days a week. My classes started up 2 weeks ago and I am having trouble focusing on them this semester. Then of course the regular things in life, kids, house, and I never miss a workout. I love working out though, makes me feel so much better both physically and mentally. How old are your kids? I have 2 girls ages 10 and 12. I am glad you are feeling better again, its funny how a being hormonally balanced makes so much difference. I know since I started the estrogel, a good part of the day I feel good, laughing and smiling again.Now to find the right balance.
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:09 AM

Gosh, you are a busy woman! I know, running is my Prozac, that's for sure! I have 4 kids, my daughter's almost 20 and is expecting her 1st in Alaska. My oldest son is 16 and an honors student, a junior, in high school. Then I have my 2 little ones, Cade-4 and Maddie-2. Between running a business, training, kids, and my spoiled husband, I'm lucky I have any time to think! Lol I think this was God's treat to me, well in the sense no more pain, rest, and I really have been babied, my husband has been AMAZing! What are you studying?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 08:43 PM

You sound very busy also. My exercise is what keeps me sane. Even when I am exhausted I have to get my workout in. Today I am past exhausted. I still haven't slept all night through since my surgery its been almost 8 weeks. The hot flashes are better but still get me at least 3 times a night. I run outside around 2 every morning to cool off lol. Can you get your husband to give mine some lessons. That is wonderful you are getting some help I am sure it makes a huge difference. I just changed my major to nutritional science. I am having troubles with concentrating this semester. But managing barely. If you cant tell I am feeling a bit cranky right now. I just used more of my meds but they take a few hours to fully kick in. I can't wait for my DR appointment on Monday to figure out these crazy hormones.When is your daughters baby due that is very exciting?
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:35 PM

You poor thing...I had like 5 hot flashes total. I hate to say this Hun, but estrogel is not working for you. Your doctor shouldn't have made you wait for so long to begin with, but now...why is he dragging his feet so bad? You neeeeeed relief. That's just not right. Have you considered the pill? It lasts for 24 hrs and it only takes 5 days for it to fully kick in. It's freaking awesome, trust me. You need relief!
On a lighter note, nutritional science is great! I have my bachelors in chemistry and biology. I'm a medical technologist by trade...I know, a real nerd. Lol but I started making soap and bath products and my business is really booming!! God has a plan, and I never saw this one coming! Lol Don't give up, a lot of times it seems like a instant struggle, but if it comes easy, it's meant to be. If it doesn't, then maybe your meant to do something else.
And my daughter is due July 3rd...we find out what we're having Monday! Yeahhhh! We need another little princess to even out all the stinky boys...
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:08 PM

The doctor wanted me to wait because of the endo. Here is a little of history. I had 3 surgeries since last march. First one he tried cleaning me up removing cysts, fibroid, and the endo. Pain came back with a vengeance shortly after my cycle started so 4 months after that he removed my right ovary, more cysts grew and did an ablation. Of course my cycle came back after that on a much lighter note but then pain came back we finally tried all meds and surgeries and decided to remove everything I have nothing left. The estrogel works good until 1ish I think first I am going to see if I can take a dose in the morning and one in the evening I think I need more of a steady stream. I feel like I crash out. If not we will try something else. This year has been a bit much, I am 33 and just want to feel like me again but I am getting closer to finding myself. I am thankful to have a wonderful doctor. He has worked with me all year on all my issues. I have been to so many different doctors the last 8 years and they all told me there is nothing wrong. Would love to smack them with my medical file now. I had large cysts the biggest the size of a softball, endo, the fibroids and also adenomyosis I am glad to have it all out. Babies are so much fun, you will have a blast with her. You will have to let me know what you guys are having. I am very excited about my educational goal. After I get my bachelors done and internship, I am going to test for a registered dietician. Your business sounds so much fun I am happy that its doing so well. Sorry for the ramble. This is the time of day my brain is gone. One more day of work then I get 4 days off, well kinda of then its time to play catch up on my classwork.
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owentdo View Post
You poor thing...I had like 5 hot flashes total. I hate to say this Hun, but estrogel is not working for you. Your doctor shouldn't have made you wait for so long to begin with, but now...why is he dragging his feet so bad? You neeeeeed relief. That's just not right. Have you considered the pill? It lasts for 24 hrs and it only takes 5 days for it to fully kick in. It's freaking awesome, trust me. You need relief!
On a lighter note, nutritional science is great! I have my bachelors in chemistry and biology. I'm a medical technologist by trade...I know, a real nerd. Lol but I started making soap and bath products and my business is really booming!! God has a plan, and I never saw this one coming! Lol Don't give up, a lot of times it seems like a instant struggle, but if it comes easy, it's meant to be. If it doesn't, then maybe your meant to do something else.
And my daughter is due July 3rd...we find out what we're having Monday! Yeahhhh! We need another little princess to even out all the stinky boys...
what pill are you taking and the dosage? I would like to find something that stays in my system 24 hours !! I am on two climara patches plus supplement with estrogel. I split the estrogel up during the day ( 3 times) and use a little during the night. would be nice to have to only worry about the hormones once a day. It sounds like its a synthetic estrogen. I am on bioidentical estrogen. I seem to burn right through bioidenticals. but.... before the hyst I did have trouble tolerating bcps. but that is when I had alot of natural estrogen and we were trying to calm my system down. I have been looking for something different to consider.....the patches and estrogel are ok. but has its drawbacks.
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:10 AM

Yeah for 4 days off! Thats crazy all those surgeries! I'm sorry. My doctor told me that it was my own estrogen that was feeding the endo, as estrodiol, but not others such as the estrogen in Premarin, as estriol. I think he could ave started you on that right away or even the patch. He also said the 1st time he saw me that if I had endo with all the pain, he would recommend removing everything. I hurt so bad, I told him I wanted everything out! Lol I ended up having 2x the size uterus, with lg fibroid, and adeno. I couldn't imagine for the life if me how awful that would be to have another surgery. It seems totally unfair for you...but you've got to get your hormones in order so you can have your life back. You deserve it! And if I hadn't said this before, it's your choice not his, and Premarin lasts 24 hrs and is not synthetic. Sending <3
Unread 02-04-2012, 09:57 PM

I think he may of been on the cautious side. I read up on it with the endo some doctors will start the hormones right away some wait up to 6 months. I told him at my 6 week appointment I wasn't leaving without it. I am so thankful to no more of that endo pain. I was to the point I had 4 decent days a month where I wasn't curled up in a ball. I am determined this will be a great year no matter what. I still have a bit of a ache to dull pain in my lower left side by the end of the day and my lower stomach tonight is swollen a bit. I go back to my doctor Monday and we will be having a nice chat about hormone options. Have you had any bad side effects from the Premarin? I hope I get these hormones figured out I was up every 2 hours last night. Last time I had a full night of sleep was December 11th. I did have a bit of a better day energy wise, I put a bit more of my meds on and didn't crash out so early today.
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:30 PM

Not one single side effect...other than I'm ***** as heck!! Sorry. My Libo is through the roof! I can't wait for the whole 6 weeks...but I'll try. I am happy again, I laughed so much today! I had to hold my belly, but it felt great! I had a good day. I still am sore and the bladder spasms were pretty bad this morning, but I took a pain pill and I was good the rest of the day. I look forward to you getting what you need. I think this is going to be the best thing that happened to me and not having to deal with women issues ever again...Yes!!! Keep me posted. I'm curious to see what your doc says! Hang in there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register