New dose needed? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New dose needed? New dose needed?

Unread 02-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Re: New dose needed?

I am going to talk to my doctor about those meds. It is almost 2 am here and this is the third time I have woke up tonight. No more female issues is a wonderful thing. I was thinking earlier today, I never have to worry about another cycle. I hope the pain and bladder spasms get better for you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2012, 08:03 PM

Thanks girl! Today they're really bad. Looks like we'll both be talking to our docs tomorrow!
Unread 02-05-2012, 08:42 PM

Does putting a heating pad on help? That just sounds awful. My main complaint today is this hot flashes and spacey head, which is probably from no sleep. I hope your doctor can figure it out for you. I am going to talk to my doctor about either a different type of hormones or a higher dose. The gel makes me feel calmer but doesn't do much for the hot flashes. I was supposed to gain some weight by my next appointment. I hope you are feeling better real soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn1978 View Post
Does putting a heating pad on help? That just sounds awful. My main complaint today is this hot flashes and spacey head, which is probably from no sleep. I hope your doctor can figure it out for you. I am going to talk to my doctor about either a different type of hormones or a higher dose. The gel makes me feel calmer but doesn't do much for the hot flashes. I was supposed to gain some weight by my next appointment. I hope you are feeling better real soon.
I don't know if I told you this before or not but I called the estrogel help line and asked. Estrogel takes about 4 weeks to get your blood levels up to a stable level. If you are only doing one pump, to me, you are not getting alot of estrogen. My ruler for my estrogel from the UK says its equal to two USA pumps. We are conservative over here. One pump may do fine for some women and thats great. IN the UK, the usual starting dose is 2 pumps* its usually about 2-4 pumps over there. Maybe you need more estrogel? or another suggestion is to spread your dose out over the day. 1/2 of your usual dose in the am and 1/2 in the pm? I spread what I use out over 3 times in the day.
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Estrogel is a gel I rub on my arms. Right now I get one pump a day. I am going to ask my doctor about 2 pumps, I want to try one in the morning and one in the evening. I think I will get a steady stream then. One thing I have noticed since this surgery I feel overwhelmed much easier then before. Of course its pretty crazy right now. I work 4 days a week. My classes started up 2 weeks ago and I am having trouble focusing on them this semester. Then of course the regular things in life, kids, house, and I never miss a workout. I love working out though, makes me feel so much better both physically and mentally. How old are your kids? I have 2 girls ages 10 and 12. I am glad you are feeling better again, its funny how a being hormonally balanced makes so much difference. I know since I started the estrogel, a good part of the day I feel good, laughing and smiling again.Now to find the right balance.
Stress uses up estrogen quickly. your class and your exercising may be draining your estrogen as they are forms of stress on your body. I was walking alot about two years ago and did not increase my estrogen. slowly over a few months my estrogen was declining and before I knew it, I was having horrible low e symptoms. I didn't know exercise uses up estrogen. I also took a class this past fall. I was feeling pretty good and that class turned out to be veryyyyyy stressful. well you guessed it, I didn't think to increase or supplement my e and I was hit again with the most horrid low e symptoms again! I didn't recognize this again. Its happened to some of us on here. I am in the process of building. Its taking a long time. at least two of my worst symptoms have got better. but its taking about 3 months to see this improvement!! there seem to be two schools of thought on here: one --you don't supplement or change your dose and just ride out the stress and eventually it will build up. you basically tolerate everything as is.
two- you adjust your estrogen if you are going through stress and it doesn't seem like enough.
I have estrogel that I use to supplement my patches. I hate feeling bad and it can last a long time until it builds up again
I guess it is each lady's choice and their dr.
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:14 AM

I do have a huge amount of stress in my life. I have for years. I am going to my doctor today and talking to him about increasing and maybe adding or changing my hormones. I can honestly say I have not slept more then 2 hours without waking up in 8 weeks now. I really need my brain back. I am glad your symptoms are starting to get better, I am sorry it took 3 months to do so. Feeling bad all the time wears on you both physically and emotionally, at least for me it does.
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:30 PM

I went to my doctor today. He wants me try a second dose of my estrogel before trying a new med. So one pump in the morning and one in the evening. Hopefully this will get rid of the hot flashes, if not he will be getting a call way before my next appointment in a month. These hot flashes today are driving me mad. They are worse then usual for some reason. I ended up with my girls cold, so maybe being sick makes them worse.
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:35 PM

Yeah runners, so glad you are doing good it is rough in the.begining, I use vivelle dot 1mg and a pump of estrogel, just a tip I work out.2 hours two.1 hour wieghts.1.hour run and about.an hour after I was feeling wierd, a lady on this site said you.go through your.estrogen fast that way, so if you do you may want to adjust dose, thats why I added the gel the.dot would deplete to fast I do like the patch much better then premerin due to it being even and you.change it.2 times a week something you may.want to try if you keep getting highs and lows of hormones
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I went to my doctor today. He wants me try a second dose of my estrogel before trying a new med. So one pump in the morning and one in the evening. Hopefully this will get rid of the hot flashes, if not he will be getting a call way before my next appointment in a month. These hot flashes today are driving me mad. They are worse then usual for some reason. I ended up with my girls cold, so maybe being sick makes them worse.
Hi, yes being sick would make hot flashes worser. Its going to be hard to see for a bit if two pumps is helping much until your sickness goes away then it can start helping. depending on the med your dr was wanting to use-- my own preference would be to do more estrogel, ( there is a lady on here taking about 6 pumps with her dr's permission) or try a diferent delivery system, maybe the patch. I use two methods. Several ladies on here that I know use two methods to keep balanced. ex. patch plus gel, gel and a pill, femring and gel etc. It may eventually take that. I hope your cold goes away soon. Do as little as possible and drink alot of fluids. something like enjuvia or premarin would stick around longer in your system. But those are not bioidentical to the human body but if one would work for you then thats great.
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:46 PM

Hey girl! How are ya? I went to the doc last week like we were going to...ugh. I'm now 5 weeks out. The last 3 or 4 days have been rough. I wake up in the morn feeling great, still pretty sore on my cervix, but great! As the day goes on it gets crazy! My husband's been calling me a train wreck lately! Lol I literally can't stand anyone in the afternoon and I'm a nice person! So now he has me on a night time dose and a stronger morning dose. Estrogen is stored in the fat and I'm sure us working out and running all the time, we've not got much fat for storage! And our metabolism I'm sure our higher metabolism burns it much quicker too! I thought I was leveled out, but nope. I'm hopeful this time around! Can't wait to hear what's going on with you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register