Scheduled TAH 10 Days to Go... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 Days to Go... 10 Days to Go...

Unread 02-03-2012, 09:04 AM
10 Days to Go...

So I'm T minus 10 days and counting. I am still very nervous but almost wish it was tomorrow so I could just get it done and over with.

I go in the 9th for pre-op work up of an EKG and blood work...wondering why no chest xray? I'll see the gyno doctor after to sign consent form and ask questions.

I had an echocardiogram done yesterday and they're supposed to call with the results. This was recommended by my PCP because of a stress test I had in October showing a reduced ejection fraction and a previously long ago diagnosed heart murmur.

I am still kind of concerned about the pathology done after the hysterectomy and what it might show. So far we are going only on my symptoms and the vaginal ultrasound which showed two large fibroids, the doctor indicated with her hands that the largest was about 3 inches? I knew tehre was something fairly substantial because I could see it when the ultrasound was done. Because of their size and location she recommended the total abdominal hysterectomy. I am 42 and total menopause could still be quite a way off.

She did not say, and I did not know to ask, if the uterine lining was thicker than normal. I did ask after our meeting after the ultrasound if she was positive it was just fibroids and there was no chance of cancer and her reply was, "Oh, no, there's no way you have cancer."

That reply scares me a little...not that I think I have cancer, but I'm pretty sure at this point there's no way she can brush it off that easily. There's been no biopsies or swaps or samples of any kind, so is it even possible to give that kind of definitive answer?

Anyway, I'm just venting again. I am happy to report that right now there seems to be a good possibility that our son may get leave from the Air Force to come home for a week or two (he is state-side) which will greatly relieve some of the worry about having someone with me while my husband is at work and daughter is at college and work.

I plan on finishing up all the get-ready stuff this weekend and making sure I get a heating pad, stock up on easy to eat foods, etc. I may also need to get some additional pillows after reading some of the posts about difficulties with lying flat in bed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Re: 10 Days to Go...

Hi Teepee,
I was first diagnosed with fibroids by ultra sound. I went to a new dr. and gave her all of my symptoms she sent me for an MRI. The results of the MRI show Adenomyosis not fibroids. Have you gotten a second opinion? Have you had any abnormal paps that cause concern? If you have any concerns I would phone your doctor. Good luck with your surgery. My surgery is on the 13th I also just want to be done with it already. Im 42 also WOW your kids are in college mine are 13 and 10. I have a ways to go yet : )
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:34 PM

No abnormal paps, though I went a few years without one b/c of insurance issues (I know...no excuse). The one I did just have done, I was told came back normal.

Funny with the kids...we started young obviously, but they're 23 and 19 now and it's a big relief. LOL.

The doc seemed pretty confident based only on the ultrasound that it was fibroids.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 12:45 PM

Well with no abnormal paps Im sure your dr. is right just fibroids. To much to think about when having surgery lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register