Scheduled dVH/RALH prep 4 da vinci -what did you have to endure? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

prep 4 da vinci -what did you have to endure? prep 4 da vinci -what did you have to endure?

Unread 02-03-2012, 01:59 PM
prep 4 da vinci -what did you have to endure?

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT
Hi Sisters,
I was hoping your guys could tell me what your prep was like before checking in to the hospital.
I think mine consists of enemas , douche and a nasty drink to finish the job. Did any of you do the drink? Did you finish drinking it? If not, was it an issue. I only drank 1/2 of mine for a colonosopy and it did the job.
Thanks,
flip-flop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Re: prep 4 da vinci -what did you have to endure?

I hope someone has an answer for you. All I had to do was not eat or drink after midnight the day of the surgery.
Unread 02-03-2012, 02:19 PM

I also didn't have to do much. no bowel prep, only fasting as of midnight. the day before, I had bloodwork drawn and hospital registration. That's about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 02:54 PM

I had to shower the morning of the surgery with soap provided by the hospital and I was not allowed anything by mouth after midnight the day of surgery. I'm glad I had no bowel prep, bkek!
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:32 PM

I had to da vinci surgyer and I had to do a bowel prep the day before, along with liquid diet, no enema or anything else. For the BP I had to mix a bottle of miralax with 64 oz of gatorade. I had to drink 32 oz and take 2 potassium pills and then 4 hours later drink the rest and take 2 more pills. To be honest it wasn't that bad. I had no cramping at all, which I was really expecting to have. I kept thinking of the scene from Dumb and Dumber with Jeff Daniels in the bathroom. I just had the urge to go and just made sure to get right to the bathroom. I went I don't know how many times. I started the process at 1pm and went to bed at 10pm. Also I think this is a good thing to do before surgery so you are all cleaned out and don't have to really worry if it is a couple of days before your first BM. But honestly I still had lasting efffects from the prep and have had no problems with any BM's after surgery. I had a couple after I was out of surgery becuase the miralax is still in you. My Dr. said it would be like that for about a week after surgery. Good luck!
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:10 PM

No prep, just fasting at midnight.
Good luck
Unread 02-03-2012, 07:27 PM

I just got my surgery instructions today. No bowl prep YAY!
Shower with dial soap night before surgery and morning of surgery. Fast at 12:00.
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:31 PM

I had the Da Vinci and had to drink a bottle of citrate magnisium the day before starting at noon and from that point till midnight only clear liquids... Morning of surgery in shower had to use a special soap doc provided for my tummy..
Unread 02-04-2012, 01:13 AM

With my DvH I had to drink 4 liters of this nasty salty clear stuff and at 3 am I had to do 2fleet enimas. Clear liquid diet all day before surgery and nothing after midnight. Showered day before and day of with dial antibacterial soap. All and all nothing to bad.
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:52 AM

It's amazing how prep can be so different for the same surgery!
Here's mine:
Light diet morning before, liquid diet only after noon, nothing after midnight. Magnisium citrate at 3pm and 5pm. Medicated douche night before and morning of, followed by antibiotic vag cream, both times.
I've never done a douche before, so I'm kinda nervous about that one.
I plan on taking a blanket for my legs and a good book into the bathroom. I had to drink this stuff for my colonoscopy and you don't dare leave the bathroom.
Good luck and happy pooping!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register