Scheduled dVH/RALH prep 4 da vinci -what did you have to endure? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

prep 4 da vinci -what did you have to endure? prep 4 da vinci -what did you have to endure?

Unread 02-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Re: prep 4 da vinci -what did you have to endure?

Gaaah. That's exactly how I felt halfway through my bowel prep. Had to look out the window for distraction to get past that feeling.

First I did what my oncologist didn't tell me to do: Dulcolax suppository (just one). Worked like a charm, within 20 minutes.

Then took four Dulcolax 5mg tablets as instructed. Followed by 8.3 ounces of Miralax powder mixed in 64 ounces of lemon-lime Gatorade. Tolerable at first, then oh! the gas pains! Went. Downed the rest of the Gatorade mix a half hour ago, waiting for the next urge to go, hopefully I'll be done.

In any case, GOOOOOOOD luck to you, hope everything will turn out well for you.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 12:57 PM

Thanks for your responses. Getting closer to my date only one more week now !!
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:33 PM

I had the Davinci on the 1st. Monday I had a liquid diet. Tuesday I had a clear liquid diet. Starting at 2pm I had to start drinking a mix of 8.3 ounces of Miralax & Gatorade. 8 ounces every half hour till gone. At 4pm I had to take 4 bisacoyil (laxatives). I got through all of the gatorade and nothing. I was getting worried that it didn't work. I say about 5:30ish my stomach started to rumble and it kicked in! It was just like the scene from the movie, "Dumb & Dumber" It was pretty steady until 11 or so. If you want more details as to what happened the day of surgery and so far after, let me know. It is still pretty fresh in my mind Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip-flop View Post
[font="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT
Hi Sisters,
I was hoping your guys could tell me what your prep was like before checking in to the hospital.
I think mine consists of enemas , douche and a nasty drink to finish the job. Did any of you do the drink? Did you finish drinking it? If not, was it an issue. I only drank 1/2 of mine for a colonosopy and it did the job.
Thanks,
flip-flop
I had my DiVinci surgery on 02-03, so 02-02 was very interesting. I was told to drink Citrate of Magnesium and the pharmacy told me to get two bottles just in case. My first bottle seemed uneventfull at 9am, so I drank the 2nd bottle about 6pm. It all kicked in, which I was glad for, but it created a night of no sleep at all. The morning of surgery, I was very tired but made sure to shower and SHAVE, which I was thankfull that for. Hope this helps
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:21 AM

Thanks for the info. I go for pre op in the morning. I have a sick daughter at home so I am hoping I don't catch what is looking to be a cold and cough.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register