dVH/RALH 6 weeks woohoo....not! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks woohoo....not! 6 weeks woohoo....not!

Unread 02-03-2012, 02:03 PM
6 weeks woohoo....not!

Today I pranced into my 6 week checkup, 10 pounds lighter and ready to hear the words I've been waiting 6 weeks to hear...."you can resume your sex life now" Instead I heard "everything looks great! Your cuff has healed really well. Now I want you to wait 2 more weeks before having sex." I glared. WHAT? She told me it was just to be safe, but the cuff is completely healed. So I walked in the house, saw my eager husbands face and he said "soooo??" I started crying instantly. I thought 6 weeks was the magic day. Did anyone else have sex at 6 weeks and it end up being ok? 2 more weeks is Valentines Day and that would be all romantic and whatnot but seriously..enough is enough! I don't mean to sound like a complete psycho but we had a very healthy sex life before my surgery and am anxious to get it back....

That's enough negative though. I lost 10 pounds since my surgery and the doc was so excited she gave me a hug! She also said I can start running again, as long as I take it slow and work my way up to longer distances. That was the only thing that made this crappy appointment better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Re: 6 weeks woohoo....not!

There is no magic number for when you can resume sexual activity. The time frame varies with every Dr. For me I was not allowed to resume sexual activity until 12 weeks. Yes, it can be very frustrating having to wait but personally I think you should frollow your Dr.'s advice. It will be worth it in the end.
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:00 PM

My doctor had told me 6 weeks before surgery, but today (three days shy of a month post-op), she told me to wait an extra month. So, it'll be 8 weeks.

Did you doctor told you if you can masturbate? If you find my asking inappropriate, please forgive me and ignore the question.

I'm happy you're doing well. I'm doing well, too.

Congratulations on the weightloss!!!

May I ask you some tips? My weight is going up, not down. How did you do it???

Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 03:15 PM

Although not common, I have read here on the boards women who resumed sex when docs said it was ok to have sex at the 6 or 8 week mark and tore the vaginal cuff. Excruciating pain and blood and sometimes another surgery is needed to repair the cuff..

For me personally, whatever time frame my doctor gives me whether it be 6,8,10 weeks, I am adding an additional 4 weeks just to be safe. I figure after going through all this, I want to make absolute sure I am completely healed.

Listen to your doc. After what you have gone through you owe it to yourself
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAfter View Post
My doctor had told me 6 weeks before surgery, but today (three days shy of a month post-op), she told me to wait an extra month. So, it'll be 8 weeks.

Did you doctor told you if you can masturbate? If you find my asking inappropriate, please forgive me and ignore the question.

I'm happy you're doing well. I'm doing well, too.

Congratulations on the weightloss!!!

May I ask you some tips? My weight is going up, not down. How did you do it???

Hugs!

At my 2 week checkup she said clitoral stimulation was fine and orgasm was fine as long as there was nothing in the vagina. We've been doing that just for fun but its still not as fun as the real thing. I find nothing offensive or inappropriate. I am pretty much the most tactless person you will meet

As far as the weight loss, I honestly have just been getting fuller faster than before my surgery. I still have an appetite but I don't just eat and eat and eat. Once I saw that I was losing weight I started purposely controlling my portions.I also found a few healthier recipes. I still eat what I like eating, just not as much of it. Also, we've been kinda broke this month so we haven't eaten out since before my surgery! Also, since the surgery I haven't felt like drinking soda because it makes me really gassy, so I've only been drinking water. I think this all just added together to weight loss. I was cleared to exercise today and unfroze my gym membership. I still have 140 pounds to lose but I'm determined!
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:51 PM

That is awesome! So many women gain after this surgery. I am down 4 lbs from the hospital. Hoping the smaller portions help me to lose as well..
Unread 02-03-2012, 07:36 PM

Update...since I got the all clear to exercise I unfroze my gym membership and went to the gym. I was shocked at how slow I had to take it! I walked casually on the treadmill for 35 minutes at a really slow speed. Hopefully I will be able to work my way up to running before too long. I did notice towards the end I had some lower abdominal pain. I think its because of my muscles. My surgery was extensive and she had to cut all of my stomach muscles as well as my bladder to free my uterus. It was completely attached. These stomach muscles are going to take a long time to get built back up and recover from being chopped up. So, my advice to any 6 weekers planning on hitting the gym, hit it slow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register