Scheduled SAH two day before sugery BF broke up - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

two day before sugery BF broke up two day before sugery BF broke up

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Re: two day before sugery BF broke up

I had the same thing happen to me! I was bailed on when it became evident I was ill and needed surgery. Some guys can't stand when the attention is not 100% on them. They expect us to give and give to them, but when it's our turn, they're nowhere to be found. It was good to turn the focus onto myself and my healing and not worry about some bum of an ex, who showed their true colors. In your case, it may be a bit more complicated because he had just lost his father which can throw anyone for a loop. Just focus on you and let things unfold as they're meant to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:01 PM

Lots and lots of good vibes your way - I had a dear friend who had a whirlwind romance with the stud of the office - she really felt she was 'the one' because she 'snagged' him - they got married, a big to-do, he was all hot to trot for her because she was very pretty and sexy. Then about 6 months into this marriage, she was diagnosed w/MS - multiple sclerosis. After going w/her to the doctor to hear the details, he told her he was divorcing her because he didn't want to take care of someone who was 'sick'. I know it doesn't help the way you feel now, but it really did work out better for her in the long run, even though the pain was very real at the time - hugs your way...
Unread 02-05-2012, 02:42 PM

Thank you all for your kinds words!
I'm just resting and trying not to think about him, my surgery is tomorrow!
uhhh I think I'm ready to do this!
*hugs* and well wishes to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2012, 02:58 PM

Sending you positive energy!!!
Hang in there.
Unread 02-05-2012, 10:38 PM

Sending great thoughts your way for an excellent surgery! Take care of you. You're worth it!
Unread 02-05-2012, 10:51 PM

Are your kids old enough to help you around the house? or do you have other family/friend support aftre surgery?

I know this isn't going to help TODAY, but your right partner would never do this to you. I think, better now than later. He's showing you who he is....don't ignore it. Thank him and move FORWARD. You're gonna do great and you're going to be better than ever!!! And someone worthy will be waiting for you on the other side. Take your time in recovery and take care of YOU!
Unread 02-19-2012, 09:16 PM

Hi sisters,

actually he came back that same night, very sorry and was extremely supportive. he and my kids took me to have my surgery at 11:30 am.

OMG it's been almost two weeks and i feel so blessed on how i feel now. the surgery went beautifully, no complications, i'm so happy i had it done! i've lost 8" off my waist and have an awsome (almost) flat stomach! Thank GOD for putting my wonderful surgen in my path. My BF gave me a teady bear :-)

i feel so blessed all the worring was not worth it, but i guess i had to go thru the steps i went through on my own time.

I love life and feel soooo positive!

thank you so much for caring! good luck to all of you lovely ladies!
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:29 PM

Thanks for letting us know how it went and that your BF came back and was there for you. Glad to hear some good news.
Unread 02-20-2012, 08:38 AM

I'm so glad you posted. My hubby left yesterday too. I've been all over this site and seen that some men don't know how to deal. I was supposed to go out of town this weekend. Had it all planned to visit my bf and go prom dress shopping for my daughter. We were so looking forward to it. Last long weekend before the surgery. I was excited when I finally scheduled. Figured only tow more aunt flo visits. Well I guess she decided not to leave because once I started about 3 weeks ago, she hasn't stopped. So Fri. night (leaving sat am) I am gushing, hurting and feel sore throat coming on. I call my bf to tell her I really just can not physically do driving and shopping. So daughter is upset and I'm not happy and in pain. Sat. feeling a little better. Do laundry and some cleaning. Hubby comes home says house looks good. Sun am he starts *****ing I put the hang up clothes on the dresser and didn't hang them. Why didn't I it only takes 5 mins.....blah blah blah. I say I am sick, why can't you help, if it only takes 5 min., then you do it. Well your always sick all you do is complain. He leaves comes back, packs his stuff and tells the kids to call him if they need anything. ***!!!!

Trying to understand men don't deal well with this but what about me!!!???!! He says he just needs to work on him. Well your timing sucks! He says he'll be there to help me. Well I need you NOW and your not there!! I need to feel like you have my back, now I can't trust him because I feel like he dropped me when I needed him most. I try to tell him alot of these symptoms have snuck up on me. I didn't even realize what was happening, I just got usto it. Now that I found this site it is like a light is coming on. I'm not the only one suffering. These symptoms are real. I'm not crazy alot of women are going thru the same thing.

I guess your post helps a little. Your man came back and pulled thru for you. I am soooo happy for you and glad you will feel better soon.

I pray my day will come also, that my surgery will fix me and not cause more issues.

And I guess there is hope for my hubby too. I just don't know, the damage is done and I don't know if I can trust that he will truely be there. Only time will tell.

Good luck to you. HUGS
Unread 02-20-2012, 08:42 AM

My husband's dad just passed away too and he went through a wide variety of emotions. We don't know the whole story and have never met your BF. Maybe it is over or maybe he just needs time to grieve and get his head straight. Either way, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't want him to drive me either.

I hope you have some family members who can support and uplift you during this time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register