Diagnosis - Uterine Cancer - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Diagnosis - Uterine Cancer Diagnosis - Uterine Cancer

Unread 01-07-2002, 10:06 PM
Diagnosis - Uterine Cancer

Thanks for your more detailed reply to both questions. I guess, normal spotting did sound funny. lol I'm thinking back to my periods all my life, where they were so painful and irregular, skip months, periods that lasted weeks, with spotting in between cycles--what cycles? lol I got so used to it being normal! I had pelvic exams at ages 19 and 22, but all was okay. I had a pelvic ultra sound, when I got married, because the irregular periods were still there, even by age 28. She put me on bcp, but they made me deathly sick. Even the lowest dose. So, we decided to wait to see what happened after I got pregnant, which took a year. After the first child, my periods did get less painful, and a little more regular. But, still would miss a month here and there, and they would last a couple weeks at times, with spotting in between, once in a great while. Three years later, had the second and last baby. A little less painful periods, a little more regular. Then, five years ago, I started taking Wild Yam (herb) regularly, and the pain was considerably less! And, they were regular!! And, no more spotting. Within a week of being due-to just a couple of days variance. I felt great! Then, this past Sept, I tripped and fell in our yard, followed a couple of days by bleeding, pain, and irregular periods, again. With 1 day each in Sept and Oct of heavy bleeding between periods. Nov was fine. Dec more light spotting after my period. And, all the while, CONSTANT pain, which gets worse with any activity, such as bending, stretching, lifting, shoving, or even at times--walking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2002, 07:30 AM
Annabella...

{Sorry if we are hijacking this thread...I`ll make it short}

Your symptoms sound much like adenomyosis. I am not a Dr. or medical professional and I am only throwing this out as a maybe because I had these symptoms for years, too, and never knew I had adeno until I got my path report after surgery. Here is a link for some info, but please discuss this with your Dr.

http://my.webmd.com/content/asset/ad...ase_adenomyoma

I know it says rarely occurs in women who have carried a pregnancy to term, but I have seen many women on the boards be diagnosed with this after having one or more children. You might do a search on the sight for some other threads about this. The search button is top right on every page. Also try 'adeno', the short version of the word.

Hope this helps!

{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 01-08-2002, 10:46 AM
Diagnosis - Uterine Cancer

Thanks! I didn't know such a condition existed, until I found this site a few months ago, and read some posts from women, who mentioned it. I looked it up, and it did sound very likely. I've mentioned that and endometriosis (which, I think I remember reading that both conditions can be present--I've been reading so much lately!)to my doctor, and he did say they were likely possibilities. He wants to do the endobiopsy first, to rule out endo-hyperplasia and endometrial cancer. Then, I guess, we can get on with it. From my exam, he was certain I had fibroids, but the ultrasound ruled that out.
Thanks for the information and hugs! It's unbelievable how these things can really get you down.
Most of all, though, from the responses, I'm feeling more at ease about the biopsy coming up. I've been a nervous wreck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2002, 11:26 AM
Annabella...

My uterine biopsy did not show anything. It wasn`t until my Dr. did a D and C that she found the uterine cancer. If your Dr. suggests a D and C, those are painless. I had a valium drip and stopped for breakfast on the way home. The uterine biospy...well...yuck. Those are unpleasant. Do call and ask if you can take some Advil or something beforehand. The pinch only lasts a few seconds, but it does cause cramping and after every one of those I had, I came home and went to bed for the rest of the day.

Keep us posted, ok?

{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 01-08-2002, 11:04 PM
Hi Annabella!

Hi Annabella:

I just wanted to tell you that all my biopsies (uterine) were not that bad... I agree totally with Kaatie about the "pinch" lasting only seconds it was over with very quickly.. but I too stopped at a couple of stores but decided to go home and rest which was the best decision of all! (for the remainder of the day). Just felt tired.. I think more from worry than anything else though....

I have to agree again with Kaatie--- For me my diagnosis came with the results of my D&C that confirmed my uterine cancer.. but I just wanted to tell you I was years without any problem as I had several biopsies because of very pale spotting... was on and off provera for a short time... things evened out. Then it came back with bright red color--many years later--- that got my attention and rest is history.. I did not have fibroids though.. just the benign a typia/hyperplasia .. Let us know how it comes out and more {{{{{{HUGS FROM ME TOO}}}}} Carole... How about a box of popcorn to share and relax
Unread 01-11-2002, 06:11 PM
Diagnosis: Uterine cancer

I had a TAH on 12/14/01. I too was told that because of my age I do not fit the profile for uterine cancer. Nonetheless a D&C confirmed the pap smear results that it was in fact Stage I uterine cancer. I was told by both my gynocologist and oncologist prior to leaving the hospital that my cancer was indeed Stage I and, based on the tests conducted during and after the surgery prior to my being discharged from the hospital, that there was no invasion of the uterine walls and that no lymph node removal had been necessary during the surgery and that they did not expect the final pathology report to conclude otherwise.

At a follow-up appointment on 1/7 my oncologist gave me the results of my final pathology report which did in fact show that there had been minimal invasion of the inner uterine wall and that there is a remote chance that radiation will be required. I won't find out for sure until 1/30. I was quite surprised to learn that radiation may be required but am trying not to worry too much about it in the meantime.

I too have been prescribed HRT. I have big concerns regarding HRTs and am presently researching the issue so that I can intelligently discuss it with my doctor. My concern is taking a drug that may cause bigger problems down the road.

I wish you luck and would like to hear how your situation turns out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register