Tomorrow Is The Day..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow Is The Day..... Tomorrow Is The Day.....

Unread 02-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Tomorrow Is The Day.....

Well, I am sitting here vacillating between a solemn resignation and a panicked state. My surgery is at 10AM tomorrow. I want so much for it to be over. I have been listening to calming music, some special pre-surgery meditation cd and in-between cleaning my house like there is no tomorrow. My nerves are causing my bowels to move (no bowel prep, thank God!)and even though I am taking birth control pills I am bleeding! Dr. said not to worry about the bleeding part but it is just one more hassle to deal with in the eleventh hour. It's like my fibroids are getting one final revenge. Strangely, I keep having fears that I will unconsciously eat or drink something after midnight and blow the whole thing. I sure hope tomorrow at this time I am feeling relieved that the waiting is over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Re: Tomorrow Is The Day.....

food dreams! ack!

Good luck to you! I check into the hospital tomorrow and surgery is tuesday morning. Have not yet started the final freak-out yet, but am in denial about packing.

--Pam
Unread 02-05-2012, 05:55 PM

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!

I, too, have thoughts about accidentally eating or drinking something. I have already made plans to keep my water bottle washed and empty in the cabinet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2012, 06:03 PM

Good luck on your surgery mine is next Monday :jump
Hope you have a speedy recovery
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:21 PM

Good luck everyone, I had picolax before surgery and none stop to empty bowels prior to surgery. Received 3 sets of different instructions on eating prior so panicked after eating, even rang hospital who thought different to dr which didn't help. Don't worry about eating after midnight you will be asleep so won't be eating or drinking. Make your last drink some calming tea if allowed. My surgery was 5 hours later than scheduled so I was well and truly hungry, small sacrifice to make. Best of luck
Unread 02-05-2012, 07:03 PM

Ok so I'm not alone my surgery is tomorrow at 5:30am and all week long I have been cleaning, cleaning and cleaning. I feel like I'm nesting....Funny because I could not wait until this day came and now that its around the corner I'm a nervous reck.
Unread 02-05-2012, 07:41 PM

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow. After you receive your "margarita" via IV you'll be just fine. Sending (((hugs))) & prayers your way.
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:58 AM

thanks so much for all the support. I love this site. I am off to the castle in an hour and will post when I can. Good luck to all!
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirasix View Post
Strangely, I keep having fears that I will unconsciously eat or drink something after midnight and blow the whole thing.
I'm having surgery Thursday and I'm terrified that I'll absentmindedly have a drink of water that morning while I'm bumbling around in the pre-dawn hours getting ready for my trip in. I've waited almost three months for my DvH, and don't think I could stand any more delays!

When we've had boil water advisories in my area before, I've placed a plastic cup over the faucets as a visual cue not to drink any water. I'll probably do that again Wednesday night.

Best of luck on your surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register